• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll....
    Anyone a member here or ever been their..
    A buddy and I rode out there today from Brownsburg to shoot the AR's. Didnt know much about the place. Get there and no mas. 22 and hands guns only today..
    Just looking for some insight on it?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, we were running an Appleseed shoot on the rifle range this weekend leaving only the rimfire and pistol bay open for use. You should have wandered down and checked it out!

Membership is less than $40 per year and can be purchased at Tactical Weapons and Supply on the east side of Crawfordsville during normal business hours or you can generally find a member of the board to sell you a membership at the club on Sunday mornings.

If you need any other specific info just let me know. :yesway:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been a member since Spring of this year. I go on my lunch time occasionally. Nothing fancy, gets busy sometimes(even at lunch, lol), but for the money, you can't go wrong. Always have met nice people out there. I would go more often, but I live in Lafayette so it's only during the week when I am working in C'Ville that I use it.

Would maybe like to do an Appleseed there, but I still don't know what that event does, even though I have read the website.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Would maybe like to do an Appleseed there, but I still don't know what that event does, even though I have read the website.

Check out this after action report from the October shoot at CGC to get a better feel for what's involved:

Crawfordsville, IN Oct 13-14, 2012

You can read comments from other attendees and other locations there as well. There's also an Appleseed subforum here on INGO.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Check out this after action report from the October shoot at CGC to get a better feel for what's involved:

Crawfordsville, IN Oct 13-14, 2012

You can read comments from other attendees and other locations there as well. There's also an Appleseed subforum here on INGO.

Thanks! Maybe I'll do one in the Spring. I have a .22 rifle with a scope and an AR15. Can I use either one, or is it primarily .22 focused?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I joined in on the action of that October Appleseed. Had a great time, learning alot about rifle shooting and American History. Plus, the bacon is to die for!
    I probably went through around 400 rounds over the two days. So .22 is cheap. But the techniques can be applied to any rifle. So naturally you can shoot AR (We had a couple AR shooters in our group).

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    There are about 6 of us that would like to join... is there any caliber limit that can be fired there?? And its a come ang as you please.. just during sunlight.

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Are you talking about the conservation club? We used to be members there when I was younger, but we have never been able to get a hold of anyone to get a membership, and we don't know who to talk to about attaining one.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Are you talking about the conservation club? We used to be members there when I was younger, but we have never been able to get a hold of anyone to get a membership, and we don't know who to talk to about attaining one.

There's always someone there during the day. Lots of times around noon.

I have a name and number, I'll give it to you tomorrow.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

It's the one on 47, not the one north of Darlington on Stockwell Road. There is a phone number on the sign or you can just go to that gun store in C'Ville. Can't remember the name though. Something to do with "tactical" I think.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's the one on 47, not the one north of Darlington on Stockwell Road. There is a phone number on the sign or you can just go to that gun store in C'Ville. Can't remember the name though. Something to do with "tactical" I think.

He's talking about the Boone County Conservation Club in Lebanon.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I looked into the Boone County Conservation Club when I was looking for a range. When I found out you cannot shoot after 6PM it was out for me. I work on the Southside of Indy and I don't make if home in time to use it. Thats what sucks about it being in the middle of town, they have to stop shooting early to keep peace with the town folk.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I looked into the Boone County Conservation Club when I was looking for a range. When I found out you cannot shoot after 6PM it was out for me. I work on the Southside of Indy and I don't make if home in time to use it. Thats what sucks about it being in the middle of town, they have to stop shooting early to keep peace with the town folk.

Yep, and if I remember right, you can't shoot until after noon on Sundays, because there is a church nearby.

Top Bottom