• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Heading out to shoot today. CGC is north of Crawfordsville on 47 (just past Garfield but before Darlington.)

I'll be there for a few hours between 10-2 wearing my INGO hat if anyone is out that way. I'll have XD, XDm, AR and 10/22 LTR with me if anyone wants to try them.:yesway:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That place is about 2 miles away from my house, but have never been there.
    Let me know how it goes, I'd like to go there every once in a while.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It's only 2 miles away and you've never been there?? WHA??

I've been to (or attempted to visit) every range within 25 miles of my home...

Dude, jump in the car and go! ATM is a pretty cool guy, and unless you look somehow like a piece of bacon he won't hurt you..

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Didn't see anyone - had the whole range to myself.

Membership is only $36 per year. Gets you a card and a key to the gate. Owner lives in the trailer out front. 100 yard lane with 5 or 6 covered benches and large spools available to roll to intermediate distances. Another lane for handguns and 25 yard table. Also a trap setup with stations overlooking both lanes (scheduled events.)

I do put a hurtin' on some bacon but believe myself to be mostly friendly.;)

Zeroed the AR irons at 50 yards. Shot a few more with scope at 100. Zeroed the new Tech Sights on the 10/22 at 25 yards. Shot a few through the XDm9 since I had installed a Don's stainless guide rod. Couldn't tell much difference in quick pairs (it wasn't too shabby to start with) but I like the few ounces of extra weight.

Meh, I'm still the weakest link.:n00b:

I'll try to give more notice next time.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Didn't see anyone - had the whole range to myself.

Membership is only $36 per year. Gets you a card and a key to the gate. Owner lives in the trailer out front. 100 yard lane with 5 or 6 covered benches and large spools available to roll to intermediate distances. Another lane for handguns and 25 yard table. Also a trap setup with stations overlooking both lanes (scheduled events.)

I do put a hurtin' on some bacon but believe myself to be mostly friendly.;)

Zeroed the AR irons at 50 yards. Shot a few more with scope at 100. Zeroed the new Tech Sights on the 10/22 at 25 yards. Shot a few through the XDm9 since I had installed a Don's stainless guide rod. Couldn't tell much difference in quick pairs (it wasn't too shabby to start with) but I like the few ounces of extra weight.

Meh, I'm still the weakest link.:n00b:

I'll try to give more notice next time.

sounds like a possible alternative to going to Atterbury!

Thanks for the info!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sorry I didn't get there :(

Cathy had to take lunch late, which meant I got the car later than I thought. Which meant I didn't have time to do anything other than beat feet to make sure I got to Premier Arms in Brownsburg and back before Sean got home from school.

Needed to pick up some recoil buffers for my Star PD. The one in it is serviceable, but I wanted to make sure I had some on hand so I can shoot without worries. Doesn't seem there are any more of the original Star buffers anywhere anymore, but I've found plenty of references that the Wilsons for the 1911 work just fine.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    ATM. You are going to have to give a better heads up next time you are going out. Might be able to get a group together.

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Been a member there for years has a bunch of down to earth really nice guys...hey don't forget the scheduled shoots on sundays. Not to mention the dinners and the b.s. sessions.:)

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I never make it to the Sunday shoots but hope to meet you there some other time.

Also, for anyone else wanting to visit, there is no longer anyone living in the trailer on site. So if you want to check it out, try stopping by on a Sunday morning when several folks should be there.

(...or PM me.) :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've driven by that for years when making deliveries to Darlington Liquors or the American Legion, to bad it's only 1 1/2 from house or I'd lay down some $$$ for membership.

coaltrain444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    hey atm i live like 2 miles from this place. really just getting into shooting and need some helpful people. anyway to get membership other than catching these guys on sunday. thanks

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    hey atm i live like 2 miles from this place. really just getting into shooting and need some helpful people. anyway to get membership other than catching these guys on sunday. thanks

I'll find the phone number for the club treasurer and send you a PM in the morning.

You could set up a time for him to meet you there to get a membership and a key. :yesway:

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    Heading out to shoot today. CGC is north of Crawfordsville on 47 (just past Garfield but before Darlington.)

I'll be there for a few hours between 10-2 wearing my INGO hat if anyone is out that way. I'll have XD, XDm, AR and 10/22 LTR with me if anyone wants to try them.:yesway:

where was my invite on this?:(
    let me know next time and i'll have some bacon ready! deal?:yesway:

Top Bottom