• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    the media loves it when they can say anything to badmouth craigslist, they could have just as easily said "online add" but they want to make cragsilist sound like its a bunch of criminals, sheisters and murderers on there so that you will pay for their advertising instead of using craigslists free advertising. it all comes down to common sense.

I agree here.

I have done alot of good deals on Craigslist.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I've done good deal on e-bay, craigslist and even here on ingo face to face.

Every single one, even the ones here (ESPECIALLY THE GUN DEALS) are done in a public area and I am always carrying something I'm not selling as I suspect the other party always does. It's not that I don't trust people. I anticipate the unexpected.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I do quite a bit of Craigslisting, and I do most of it at my home. Never in the house though, and never without someone I would trust with my life. I suppose that is not going to stop someone from stuffing me into the trunk of their car, but I can at least go through the entire incident knowing that the police are right behind, or my "watch person" is about to put a few rounds in them.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I have bought and sold items on CL like crazy. Only twice have I had someone come to the house, cause I wasnt lugging engine blocks to a metting spot. Both times I had numerous people here and/or had the .45 on hip.

Usually when I meet someone somwhere, its in the parkinglot of a WalMart and I have a backup vehicle parked not too far

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Like many others I have done a lot of business on Craigslist. I've always had good dealings with people and have only had two occassions where they were required to come to my home. One visit was outside by the barn and it was quite obvious that I was armed and the GF was standing in the back window where the 870 she had with her was clearly visible.

The other visit required the person to come inside unfortunately but again turned out alright. I was selling a rather large plecostomus to a kid from Bloomington. I figure he would probably freak knowing a firearm was so close to his college enlightened self and was correct. He saw my Benjamin Bluestreak in the corner of the room where the fishtank was and I thought he was going to pee himself:laugh:. He would have really freaked if he had seen the hardware that was in much closer proximity to him!!!!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I dont shop on craigs list but a friend pointed out the "casual encounters" section to me and I thought it was funny stuff. Read one where the "lucky guy" was to be covered with a dark sheet while he did whatever with the dudes wife. Then it mention they would be "well prepared" to defend themselves.

What "lucky guy" in their right mind would put themselves in that position......

well.....besides this guy.......
    nerd.jpg

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Back from the dead. But as for the Craigslist, read the Best Of, it's freaking awesome. I don't know how long it is, but I've been reading it at work for a couple days now.

Top Bottom