• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Can anyone tell me why I'm seeing more and more coyotes along 70? I live in Richmond and work in Fishers so I travel 70 nearly everyday of the week. I've been doing this for almost 2 years but only within the last 6 months have I began seeing so many. Between those hit by vehicles and others wandering about, I saw 5 this morning. Of the 5, 2 were ran over, 1 was running east between the interstate and a woods and the remaining 2 were slightly farther west in an open field but were traveling east as well. They all had their nose to the ground (not the dead ones of course) but they appeared to be on a mission.

I've never been coyote hunting but it's something I've been trying to get into for the past year or so. Do these sound like normal behaviors or is something driving them towards the interstate?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you look they are in Fishers running the drainage ditches. I have seen them. Also a pack running the woods and track in the 62nd and Allisonville area. neighbor said she sees them in the creek bed near our place north of Speedway. They are everywhere.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    To me, it seems as though I've only recently began to see them so often. This time last year I might have seen 1 a month if that. I'm now seeing 3 or 4 a week at a minimum. I know the populations have exploded but i thought they were too smart to venture near the interstate. That is unless they realize people aren't hunting right along the interstate?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I saw one heading out towards Greenfield a couple weeks ago. Middle of the day along side the interstate. I thought it was kinda strange. Also I saw a Raccoon in the middle of the day off the highway in New Palestine area. It was just running around in front of a dr. office.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i killed one right by the new Lisbon exit just the other day were seeing them everyday along 40 just got to get them in range where it safe to let the mosin off. there a lot of them around dublin on 40 and i mean a lot they killed my hunting season this year.:dunno: my grandfathers neighbor said they started to bother his cattle.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I have seen them on the south side of INdy. At the edge of neighborhoods. They must be looking for easy food.

indymeh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I used to see them all the time at our old house in Noblesville. There was a large uncut field behind our house I suspect they hung out in. They only wondered into our back yard once or twice but I wasn't sure of Hamilton county firearm laws, as far as discharging a firearm in city limits, especially in a neighborhood. I haven't seen a single one since moving to fishers but have seen a few foxes.

jordanh34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Field and stream but out an article on how ferral cats are taking over the globe and kill and estimated 3 BILLION birds a year. Let the coyotes eat the cats first, then shoot the coyote.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    These two were just off the side of the road in Brownsburg a year ago. Showed no fear of me when I stopped to take their pic.

382681_2439566821422_492811294_n.jpg

390512_2439559581241_338905845_n.jpg

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    When I lived out in the middle of a farm in the Texas Panhandle, any coyote that had no fear was usually dropped on sight. I remember Dad keeping an M1 carbine by the door for them and skunks and carrying a scoped .38 Special in the car.

rlmx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Can anyone tell me why I'm seeing more and more coyotes along 70? I live in Richmond and work in Fishers so I travel 70 nearly everyday of the week. I've been doing this for almost 2 years but only within the last 6 months have I began seeing so many...

I believe that there is a coorelation between the number of house pets (and other food sources supplied by humans) in the area and the number of 'yotes. Domesticated animals are a coyotes #1 meal of choice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom