coyote hunting kill pics (WARNING GRAPHIC)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Hey Lonnie, I live in Hamilton County also. Occasionally I see a Coyote in the back yard but they will go off into the woods before I would be able to do anything. Lot of critters back there, deer, coyotes, a couple of homeless people, raccoons, skunks etc. Seems the Coyotes have moved very far in on the urban/suburban areas in the past years. Maybe they have always been here but I first started noticing them here in southern Hamilton County about 10 years ago.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Hey Lonnie, I live in Hamilton County also. Occasionally I see a Coyote in the back yard but they will go off into the woods before I would be able to do anything. Lot of critters back there, deer, coyotes, a couple of homeless people, raccoons, skunks etc. Seems the Coyotes have moved very far in on the urban/suburban areas in the past years. Maybe they have always been here but I first started noticing them here in southern Hamilton County about 10 years ago.

homeless people? LOL! are you for real? thats crazy!!

Suburb/Urban areas are loaded with wildlife for sure.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    homeless people? LOL! are you for real? thats crazy!!

Suburb/Urban areas are loaded with wildlife for sure.

Serious as a heart attack. Close to everything where I live yet secluded. We have fought off developers for years, but I am sure Carmel will win in the end and annex us and there goes the wilderness to become a greater tax base as commercial development for the Carmel coffers.:ar15:

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Serious as a heart attack. Close to everything where I live yet secluded. We have fought off developers for years, but I am sure Carmel will win in the end and annex us and there goes the wilderness to become a greater tax base as commercial development for the Carmel coffers.:ar15:

So true , I know one day soon there won't be any rual area of hamilton county.
    Boone County still has plenty and isn't far from me

coyoteslayer22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Ive only managed to get one this year so far..she came up 12 feet away from me when I was sitting next to a tree. Ive seen more but never had a chance to shoot. They seem to have changed paths or something around me I live between franklin and shelbyville

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Went out this morning for a coyote hunt. I came up empty even though i found some recent tracks in the snow. Saw 6 does but no yotes, they have it coming for them though!
    121231_001.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good kills!

I've been out a few times this year and no luck yet. Went yesterday evening and found fresh tracks and some yellow snow...but must have gotten there after he had been through and had moved on.

No response to a rabbit in distress call. Maybe should have tried a siren to see if I could get a reply.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Would a 22 do the trick? Moving from TX to Carmel, has been an adjustment, not easy finding a place to hunt.

Supersonic .22LR may be enough for a close range head shot, otherwise it might not be enough for a quick clean kill. While they aren't typical game animals, it is still ethical and humane to kill quickly.

.22 short and .22 subs are probably not your best bet. While they may kill, they may not kill quickly.

Now, if you are talking .22-250, .22 Hornet, .223, even .22Magnum, you are in the right ball park. :)

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    wow good shooting .I wish i was as good as a shot as you .You are awesome.Truly insperational work.Way to go buddy

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ive been calling coyotes for years, and Ive never gotten one to come in. I went with a few buddies and started calling. I was facing one way and they were facing the other way. All the sudden I hear them shoot and figure they are just messing around. I turn around and see a coyote flopping in the field 200ish yards away. We were all pretty excited, none of them (or me could believe a coyote had actually came in.

crappy cell phone pic but there is a dead yote in the shadow (since I didnt shoot it im not in the pic)

IMAG0281.jpg

SchwartzStock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I've shot a bunch of desert coyotes here out west both in summer and winter. Best pelts always came from areas with lots of snow.

As a tennager we used to drive around our area hunting cats at night that were later used as bait for the coyotes. We found putting out bait was much more efficient than calling although we did take fair numbers using a simple mouth blown rabbit in distress call.

After my firsst tour of military service I joined group that used motorcycles to run coyotes down. Actually was more productive and believe it or not did far less pelt damage.

Haven't quite got back into hunting them since I retired but intend to, I've got a collection of AR parts I've been collecting for a couple of years, Just need a barrel to finish it up but when I called Brownells this week my choices were all out of stock ...

SS

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Two out yippin last night. Had a rabbit cornered behind the hot tub. Figures. Misplaced shot and bye bye to calm at home. No hot tub no happy mama.

Top Bottom