• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My son and grandson both got COVID - AGAIN! They had it back in February with relatively mild symptoms and so far mild symptoms again.
    Grandson is not vaccinated at all but my son was forced to get vaccinated or lose his job. He opted for one shot of the Johnson vaccine and that was only like about a month ago so that didn't do much good.
    I thought Johnson was takin off the market....it only had like a 10% effectiveness....of course all the others were 97% effective until we found out that was a lie also. Hope you all get well soon.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I found this… https://www.everydayhealth.com/fda/what-black-box-warning-drug/

It contains this quote:

(snip)

I am not a doctor so don’t know whether this is complete or not, but seems sensible.
    And this is generally for a drug that was approved the normal way and has been on the market for a while. I had the "pleasure" of taking an antibiotic that was given a black box warning shortly after I took it twice. I still have tendinitis problems because of it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I thought Johnson was takin off the market....it only had like a 10% effectiveness....of course all the others were 97% effective until we found out that was a lie also. Hope you all get well soon.
    Wife and me got J&J shot back in April. So far it has proven to be 100% effective.

And we've been doing everything but licking doorknobs. Traveling, working, going to bars/restaurants, friends/family gatherings, defying mask mandates where possible.

I really have no idea how we haven't got it yet when I know so many people who've been vaxxed, boosted, hid in their basements for months, that got it anyways.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Wife and me got J&J shot back in April. So far it has proven to be 100% effective.

And we've been doing everything but licking doorknobs. Traveling, working, going to bars/restaurants, friends/family gatherings, defying mask mandates where possible.

I really have no idea how we haven't got it yet when I know so many people who've been vaxxed, boosted, hid in their basements for months, that got it anyways.
    My wife and I haven't gotten any vax, and we've been to Michigan three times to visit her mom (one time her mom found out she had Covid while we were on the road, got there and came back next day) and Ohio for vacation, haven't worn a mask other than when taking my wife to her dr. appointments where they won't let you in without one, gone to work almost every day, and completely lived life as normal for us, and the only ones I know of in our family that are getting it are my fully vaxed daughter and her kids (both kids had no symptoms whatsoever and I don't believe they've had shots yet, daughter down for a week or more) and fully vaxed and boostered ex-wife.

I will hedge our experience by saying that I have strong suspicions that we both had it in December of 2019 when it supposedly wasn't in the US yet. So, take from that what you will.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I will hedge our experience by saying that I have strong suspicions that we both had it in December of 2019 when it supposedly wasn't in the US yet. So, take from that what you will.
    I was SURE we came back from New Years 2020 in San Diego with it. We spent a day crawling all over the USS Midway with thousands of tourist from the far east. Wife and me were both sick a few days later. Mine lasted for a couple weeks.

We both got tested for antibodies a few months later and had none.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I was SURE we came back from New Years 2020 in San Diego with it. We spent a day crawling all over the USS Midway with thousands of tourist from the far east. Wife and me were both sick a few days later. Mine lasted for a couple weeks.

We both got tested for antibodies a few months later and had none.
    The only reason I think I had it myself is that at the time I was having to park about 2 blocks from work and walk. Now, I've never been short of breath in my life beforehand just walking, but there were multiple days that I had to sit at the desk or in my car and try to catch my breath for 5 minutes or so before I could do anything else. Then in March or April I heard that shortness of breath was a main symptom of the main disease, so the proverbial light came on over my head. At the time, it was just a cough and stuffed up nose mainly, so thought it was just one of those colds/flus that go around every year, albeit one that affected my breathing with any exercise, which was kinda weird.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Glad you never got it....Never got the jab myself and never will. No covid yet either....so guess not getting the jab is still 100% effective also.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    When the pandemic first started, wife and I started taking extra zinc and vitamin D3. So far, no COVID for either of us. We did get the vax (employer requirement) but decided on no boosters.

If my employer mandates a booster, then I will submit my retirement paperwork and walk away. I'm down to my last year of employment anyway.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think that rumor might not be true. He got his shot in late December 2021 at Mayo Clinic, like approximately 3 weeks ago.
    He didn't care about the effectiveness ratings. He just got a shot because he was forced to in order to not get fired over it. He chose Johnson because it was only one shot and it was not an mRNA type.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A real tragedy is we do not know the truth and proper research has not been done and disclosed to the public leaves us to guesses of what may be. That said this virus seems to have a connection to blood. Some researchers have found some correlation to susceptiblity and blood type.

Are both of you the same? I thought I ready that O blood types were more resistant.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Are both of you the same? I thought I ready that O blood types were more resistant.
    Yeah, O is supposed to be the golden ticket, O- even better. A is the worst.

I'm an A+, she's an A-. So we should both be dead by now.

Top Bottom