• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It amazes me how people can't read a map or land nav. We went to the one near Kokomo last year and I was able to breeze right through all of them with the map they provided.

We did land nav in the Army with a 50,000 scale map. I plotted all my points and got my compass out to orient which way north was and put it up. Instead of zig zagging all over the course, I walked in a circle and found every one of my points.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    :rolleyes: I saw a news video that showed there were signs with maps and instructions in various places. These people are going to be forever labeled the village idiots. :laugh: I can just picture this guy going back to work the next day and finding his cubicle filled with corn stalks.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Any relation, I wonder?

you-are-stuck-17.jpg

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    But they had a baby with them. And corn is scary! Ask Stephen King!

ROFL!!! I swear Kitty, we both think along the same lines at the same time! My first thought when I saw the post was S. Kings "Children of the Corn" movie!

I don't know as I'd go so far as calling 911 if I were lost in a corn field....(did it happen to mention WHY they were in the dadgumed field in the first place?) but we attended one of Purdue's "Dog/Puppy Psychotherapy" sessions several years ago, (honest! I kid you not!) and I got about 1/2 way thru it and was so PO'd at the woman that I grabbed my cell and my smokes and stomped out of the room. It was either that or I was going to choke the woman with my bare hands! She was an IDIOT!

I took the elevator to what I thought was the the floor we started out on, (ground floor) and ended up in a "Purdue Maze" and after having passed the same break room about 5 times, I got the general idea that I was hopelessly lost! I'd only been Purdue once before, so I'm not familiar with their buildings at all. This one is where they have the Small and Large Animal EME clinics.

After I realized that I was hopelessly lost, I did have to call 911 to come rescue me. I HATE getting lost in buildings, especially when there's no one else there and the whole place is dark. Creeped me out!

They had me find a room with a # on it, give them that location, then have me wait there till they sent one of the Purdue LEO's to come find me and guide me safely out. I was never so grateful to see someone in my life!

She was a total idiot as far as I was concerned, she'd put an agressive Rot in with a very timid Dachshund, trying to teach each one to be less of what they were. Needless to say, it FAILED, miserably! The poor mini-doxy had piddled himself out of fear, and the Rot (which was the same age, but about 3 times his size) was standing over the itty bitty one like a bully, growling. NOT something you want to teach a dog to do!

I came out of my chair, removed the doxy from the corral they were in, handed him to his owner, made a few very impolite remarks, then stomped out. The owner of the Doxy followed me out right after from what Bill told me later. She was in tears, and the Doxy was shaking like a leaf from still being afraid.

And I was going to let her work on 2 dogs that could be very dangerous if they were INTENTIONALLY trained to be aggressive???? NO! NOT going there! I've raised ours to be gentle, loving, calm dogs, very obedient, and rather submissive, at least to our commands. They're not the Alphas and they know it.

Needless to say, we never went back. So while I can see if you're totally lost (which admittedly I can get in our bedroom in the dark), freaking out and calling for help. But I'd just rather not put myself in that position in the first place, yknow? Kinda a common sense kinda situation.

Hugs dear one!
    7th Stepper

I probably shouldn't admit that when I was much much younger and still living in CA, I was terrified of ticks. I "don't do" bugs that can burrow inside you and start feeding on your blood. EWWWW! So when I got one, I freaked out so bad I called 911 to come get it out. They practically had to sedate me to work on me. Years have passed, we're here in "bug central" now, and I can even kill a spider with my thumb if necessary. But I'm far older and wiser now than I was then. I guess age has something to do with it? :):

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    “An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.”

HELL YEAH!!! I loved Mitch Hedberg..... :( So sad he is gone..... I think I'd like a baked potato tomorrow..... Better put it in the oven now :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom