• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    I've wanted a wheel gun for a long time but put it behind a 1911 on my list, well since I got my 1911 last week I start just looking at revolvers. Decided I wanted a .357 and 4 inch so I could use it in IDPA with .38 spl. Well went looking for some stuff for my AR Saturday and the sniper co. had this sitting there used, for a good price.
    IMG_20120416_165321.jpg

It's a taurus 669, don't know the year though. Its in good shape, and I put 50 rounds of Winchester white box .38 and 6 rounds of Winchester .357 jhp though it and it shot a great group at about 10 yds.

Now I just have to get a holster and some speed loaders so I can have some real fun

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    How do you like the S&W E series 1911? Is that the Talo? Ive been looking for them but still trying to convince my wife I need another gun!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nice. I like the 1911. What does it mean when a gun is a TALO? A S&W 1911 is third on my list to get behind a Kimber, then SA, though whatever I find first for a reasonable price I will buy.

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    2 out of 3 S&W pretty good, I think .....

Haha, I was planning on saving up for a 686 but this came along for the right price. Figure I can cut my revolver teeth with is and still get a 686 later!

I also have one more S&W a M&P15 sport. The rest of my little collection are my Remington 11-48 20ga and my Mossberg 500 12ga. Next thing I plan on getting is either a small carry pistol or building a new upper for my AR to varmint hunt with.

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    Nice collection. I have been dying to get my hands on a S&W 1911SC E series Bobtail.......

Thanks, the bobtails are real nice to. The shop I got my 1911 at had a bobtail as well, but since the main reason for me getting a 1911 was to shoot IDPA I went with the full size.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks, the bobtails are real nice to. The shop I got my 1911 at had a bobtail as well, but since the main reason for me getting a 1911 was to shoot IDPA I went with the full size.

Can you shoot IDPA with a 4" 1911 if you are just doing it for fun and to become proficient with your carry gun?

Cole54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    LaGrange county
    Can you shoot IDPA with a 4" 1911 if you are just doing it for fun and to become proficient with your carry gun?

I don't know, I think it has to be full size but I'm not for sure. I got a 1911 to shoot the CDP class against the group of guys I practice with, and I shoot my M&P 45 in the SSP class and thats the gun I carry as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't know, I think it has to be full size but I'm not for sure. I got a 1911 to shoot the CDP class against the group of guys I practice with, and I shoot my M&P 45 in the SSP class and thats the gun I carry as well.

I need to learn about the various shooting sports I guess. I like the ones that simulate scenarios with shooting from cover, from a car, etc.

Top Bottom