• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Online reviews of this thing were mostly negative due to the scandium alloy frame being so light that recoil was violent. What a bunch of sissys. This thing is no more violent then any 357 I've ever shot. I love it. :D:D:D

I've found that the "internet" experts are seldom on the mark.. Enjoy the new toy, it looks great
    . :D

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Realy it had less felt recoil then my buddy's 3" 629 shooting some avg. 44 mag loads. I won't shoot hand guns without my ear muffs so I really don't what kind of bark it had. Didn't sound too much different then my 4" 1911.

You can't shoot the Casull without hearing protection. I mean literally. I did once in a moment of haste and my left ear shut down for about 15 minutes. Only takes once.

As far as the recoil goes, my 8 3/8 " Raging Bull barrel makes for a graceful rise.

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    Nice gun! Just don't let your lady shoot it without you holding her hands for her, bet it would end up putting a dent in her forehead. Bet it kicks a bit.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Pretty Cool! I've got a thing for big bore belly guns, too! Needs a set of nice wood grips on it, for sure!

Craig, it should be set up for moon clips from the get go.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    It set up for moon clips right from the factory.

Hmmm....my bad.

I forgot that the 45acp wheelguns don't need the cylinder milled.

I was thinking the cylinder should look more like my GP100 cylinder that I just had milled for moonclips.

I am really a revolver noob, these amish guns confound me a bit.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Hmmm....my bad.

I was thinking the cylinder should look more like my GP100 cylinder that I just had milled for moonclips.

you can run Auto Rim in them too....then you don't need moony's....when i carry my 625JM i use AR's and speed loader's...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    it's all that crazy new technology. Stock with your plastic guns, you'll be happier in the end :n00b:

Hmmm....my bad.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Now, I just saw a buddy's .45 Colt chambered S&W Model 25 that he had cut for moon clips. Pretty cool, and now he can shoot either .45 Colt or acp in clips. Cannot shoot the .45 AR, though; not that it's a big loss, already having the rimmed .45 Colt to play with.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I think the moon clips are a neat idea. You can spend a rainy day loading a bunch of them up and when it's time to shoot, just...... Well....... Shoot. :D. And there a whole lot cheaper to stock up on then extra mags. I put 12 more rounds down range today after work and I absolutely love this thing. I think a spring kit is in order though. In double action it is a pretty heavy trigger. And of course I need some more moon clips so I can shoot more then 12 rounds at a time without having to load and unload the moon clips. I have 4 of them but keep the federal hydro shocks in two of them.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Now, I just saw a buddy's .45 Colt chambered S&W Model 25 that he had cut for moon clips. Pretty cool, and now he can shoot either .45 Colt or acp in clips. Cannot shoot the .45 AR, though; not that it's a big loss, already having the rimmed .45 Colt to play with.

i didn't want to carve up a 25-5 to shoot ACP'S so a i got a 25-2 too...

S3010458.jpg

Top Bottom