Could this be real? (Benchmade Presidio 5000SBK auto)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Congratulations, todays INGO Troll of the Day Award goes to you. Regardless what you think of Mick Strider, that was a real stretch to contort it into this thread. And being a dick to Brad is just plain wrong, he's one of the nicest guys on this forum and a real asset to INGO's "Cutting Edge".

Exactly this thread was about a fake Benchmade knife not about Mick Strider. The purpose of the "troll" was to hash up ill feelings but the bait was not taken. I guess he will need to go fish in another pond. I see you got no response from the "troll"

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So the last of the new hardware came in today so i mocked up what I have going on to observe the fit/finish and mechanics of it. Its actually really solid, and silky smooth. This may be my new MTB knife. Ive also cleaned up all the machine work on the scales and am goint to give them a coating of some left over roll bar and chassis stuff I use on the body armor of my Jeep. After that im hitting it with a light layer of camo tan rustoleum I have sitting around. the tan will wear off the black won't so it should make for some cool wear patterns and marking as it gets used.

I got a few different springs to experiment with the torque rating, Im wanting it to have enough power to open it unhindered but not so much that if it were to ever accidentally deploy its going to actually open in a pocket or backpack. I think I have it about dialed in to where I want it.

All in all, its a solid and decent knife now, I actually like it a lot.

Did you take pictures of the process? Post pictures if you can. I'd love to see what the insides look like now.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So the last of the new hardware came in today so i mocked up what I have going on to observe the fit/finish and mechanics of it. Its actually really solid, and silky smooth. This may be my new MTB knife. Ive also cleaned up all the machine work on the scales and am goint to give them a coating of some left over roll bar and chassis stuff I use on the body armor of my Jeep. After that im hitting it with a light layer of camo tan rustoleum I have sitting around. the tan will wear off the black won't so it should make for some cool wear patterns and marking as it gets used.

I got a few different springs to experiment with the torque rating, Im wanting it to have enough power to open it unhindered but not so much that if it were to ever accidentally deploy its going to actually open in a pocket or backpack. I think I have it about dialed in to where I want it.

All in all, its a solid and decent knife now, I actually like it a lot.

Do you have any after pictures? I'd be interested in seeing them. I found a Osborne Rift on the jobsite last year and have been very impressed with it. I now hope that it isn't an imitation piece!

Top Bottom