Could This Be Hi Point's Dirty little Secret?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    I had been going to the gun shop every few days for the past year trying to find A Hi Point 4095. Well this morning I stoped in and in the handgun case I saw what I thought was a Hi Point JS-45 marked Stallard Arms for $99. I asked "could I take A look at that Hi point."

"That ain't a Hi point" He said. He then explained Hi Point use to be Iberia then Haskell then Stallard With a few others in between.

I've put my Hi Point hunting on hold till I find out if this is true. Did Hi Point just change there name when Repairs out numbered profit or will Hi Point repair Stallard Arms free of charge?

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hi Point's been around for a while.. I believe that they have simply merged companies over time, not too unlike the "Ring of Fire" pocket pistol companies..

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I am pretty sure the company started out as Haskel, then went to Maverick, Stallard, Iberia then Hi-Point. Process of evolution is what you are seeing here nothing more. The earlier made guns are entirely different then the current ones, and has nothing to do with "Repairs out numbering profit". On the other hand I'm not sure exactly what you are expecting from a $100 pistol ? I would call Hi-point and ask them there warranty stance on previous models. Welcome to INGO !!

Last edited:

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I have a hi-point 9mm carbine, and it is infact a great little gun. When I switched out the factory stock I broke the mag release. Called Hi-point, and explained what I had done. They sent me out a replacement completely on there dime shipping, and all. +1 for customer service !

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    *I* ripped the front site off a HP Carbine to do a little trickmodding on my Kel-Tec, and HP sent me another one just for asking!

I dunno, it's nice to buy something that's really made in the midwest. HP's 9mm Handgun is the only thing my wife likes to shoot..

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Odd you should mention the Pinto. It was designed to lure drivers into smaller cars and better mileage by being fun to drive, great on gas, and safe. They were originally designed with a bladder gas tank inside the rigid tank, and were almost spillproof. They also had other safety features we now take for granted. Unfortunately, Ford's bean counters sliced off everything they could in the name of pure profit, and lo and behold, the rolling bomb. Too bad Ford didn't care as much about their customers as Hi Point does, huh?

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I inherited this stallard when my uncle died and Hi-point said they do still cover them...
    FuglyGun.gif

i made the walnut grips :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Great lil cars except for that rolling bomb thing. A buddy of mine had one, and every Saturday eve for two summers we'd drive into Muncie and play putt putt and shmooze with girls till they closed, then drive home the back way, (He had the idle turned up) with the doors open idling in 4th gear about 25 mph (Can you imagine what our dads would have done had they known?) and the lights off, and run over just the tails of any unlucky possums we could sneak up on. Boy, did we p.o. a lot of possums!
    Crazy kids, but good times.

DWFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The trick to the Pinto was to run 5 mph faster than anyone around you and don't sit still unless you absolutely had to.

Top Bottom