• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The wife just got a costco membership. I have been in 4 or 5 ties now. each time I have been OC and no one has said a word to me. This is at the Michigan road store.

I also have a sams club membership and I OC there everytime I go in. No one has said anything other than a cashier ask if my Glock was a hi-point.

I like Sams better but the wife likes costco.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I OC to the Castleton one almost weekly and have never had a problem. Been doing it for a couple years now. There is no sign (if there was, it got taken down or I can't find it).

Their customer service and return policy are tops. Basically anything you buy there you can return at any time for any reason, the exception being GPS, computers and TVs (but you get a 2 year warranty on those). That with the higher quality of goods is why I shop at Costco over Sams. I have a Sams card from a family corp, but rarely use it.
    Pricing is competitive for what you get, for ex. Sams may have a Samsung TV thats 42", 1080p and 60Hz w 2 HDMI for $600 while Costco will have a similar Samsung TV thats 42", 1080p and 120Hz w 4 HDMI for $650. (just made up numbers, but you get the idea)

Now here's what I normally like there:
    -Steaks are high quality at reasonable prices.
    -I buy a lot of baby clothes there (the nicer stuff like hanna anderson are about half price or better vs other places).
    -Tires save me about $240 on a set of 4 vs discount tire co. (Michelin Primacy MXV4+)
    -Car batteries are about $30-$40 cheaper than sears or autozone, and are high quality.
    -Beer is usually a good price. 24 pack of Goose Island is generally around $22.
    -Liquor is a great price. Their in-house brand is good. The Kirkland bourbon is made by knob creek, but is aged 8 years instead of 10.
    -Gun safes are a reasonable price and seem good, but I don't have experience with those.
    -Jewelry is an awesome deal. Everything I've picked up there (and its been a decent bit) or online from them has appraised at 150% to 200% of what I purchased it for.
    -Furniture is also a great deal there. Generally high quality stuff about half the price or less of what other places sell it for.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I OC to the Castleton one almost weekly and have never had a problem. Been doing it for a couple years now. There is no sign (if there was, it got taken down or I can't find it).

Their customer service and return policy are tops. Basically anything you buy there you can return at any time for any reason, the exception being GPS, computers and TVs (but you get a 2 year warranty on those). That with the higher quality of goods is why I shop at Costco over Sams. I have a Sams card from a family corp, but rarely use it.
    Pricing is competitive for what you get, for ex. Sams may have a Samsung TV thats 42", 1080p and 60Hz w 2 HDMI for $600 while Costco will have a similar Samsung TV thats 42", 1080p and 120Hz w 4 HDMI for $650. (just made up numbers, but you get the idea)

Now here's what I normally like there:
    -Steaks are high quality at reasonable prices.
    -I buy a lot of baby clothes there (the nicer stuff like hanna anderson are about half price or better vs other places).
    -Tires save me about $240 on a set of 4 vs discount tire co. (Michelin Primacy MXV4+)
    -Car batteries are about $30-$40 cheaper than sears or autozone, and are high quality.
    -Beer is usually a good price. 24 pack of Goose Island is generally around $22.
    -Liquor is a great price. Their in-house brand is good. The Kirkland bourbon is made by knob creek, but is aged 8 years instead of 10.
    -Gun safes are a reasonable price and seem good, but I don't have experience with those.
    -Jewelry is an awesome deal. Everything I've picked up there (and its been a decent bit) or online from them has appraised at 150% to 200% of what I purchased it for.
    -Furniture is also a great deal there. Generally high quality stuff about half the price or less of what other places sell it for.

I've seen him there, his cart was full.

Top Bottom