• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Sheeewwww!!!! Luckily I use all my rifles for sporting purposes so I have nothing to worry about.

The whole "assault rifle" verbiage is really getting old. They should at least learn what it is they don't like first before talking about it all over the media air waves. Makes them look like the tards.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Service rifle class for Competitive High Power shooting is the most participated class. 50 States, 50 State teams, One national championship at Camp Perry in Ohio, hundreds and hundreds of club and regional level events.

I guess that will not count in costas' book.

My turn, Ok, sir, give me one example of a practical use for an Indy Car. How many people would tie him to the whipping post if he said that?

No one ever added an entertainment tax to the establishments in Indy to build a rifle range, like they do for Sports complexes.

I could keep filling in lines on that stupid statement all night long!

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    What as Costas done constructively? Definitely not been in the field of sports announcing. Just a couple more inches and that mic will fill that void in the front of his face.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can think of a few hundred thousand "constructive uses" in the hands of our servicemen. Even a few reasonable uses by law enforcement.

So, Costas, can you name a constructive use for a football? Other than transferring tax money into team owner's pockets.

Of course, Costas is really talking about non-assault rifles, like the semi-automatic AR-15 an others. He just doesn't know the difference (or is intentionally misleading folks). There are STILL plenty of self-defense instances using these rifles, plus hunting and competition. Facts just get in the way of a good emotional argument, though.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't have much experience with assault rifles, but I have used my AR 15 to build relationships, encourage and reward responsibility with young people, teach physics, teach geometry, teach history, teach firearms safety, build character, build confidence, make new friends and make old friends stronger and bring simple joy. I have used my AR to let a father returned from Iraq show his son how well he could shoot and saw his son beam with pride at his father's skill.

I have done a whole lot of good with my AR's.

Who's Costas? The picture looked like he's probably some sports ball personality. Is he somebody important or someone who talks about sports ball for a living?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't have much experience with assault rifles, but I have used my AR 15 to build relationships, encourage and reward responsibility with young people, teach physics, teach geometry, teach history, teach firearms safety, build character, build confidence, make new friends and make old friends stronger and bring simple joy. I have used my AR to let a father returned from Iraq show his son how well he could shoot and saw his son beam with pride at his father's skill.

I have done a whole lot of good with my AR's.

Who's Costas? The picture looked like he's probably some sports ball personality. Is he somebody important or someone who talks about sports ball for a living?

He's just a guy that likes to watch and talk about guys that play with balls.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've not read the article. Nonetheless, I'll give him a tried and true example of a defensive rifle. This was a classic case of a minority defending their personal property from a larger group intent on causing harm, and the minority group saying, "Not today you won't!"

LA2BRiots2BKoreatown.jpg

Hey Bobby-boy, those rifles were used to save lives and property.

Is that "constructive" enough for you?

If not, too bad. This is still a somewhat free country. You don't have to like the fact that other people have rights and choose to exercise them, but they don't have to like your disapproval nor do they have to conform to it.

ETA:I see I used the same example used in the story. That's fine. Now he can not only hear about it, he can see it.

Blessings,
    Bill

uncle griz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    City with a Heart
    I use my Ak-47 with many loaded mags when I go hog hunting in Texas. When you run accross wild hogs, there are usualy 10 to 40 in a pack. And they run fast and you go thru lots of ammo fast !! ....and that is what I use my semi auto rifle for !!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, since Costas is MORE loony that Feinstein, and has LESS useful purpose on this planet (if that's even possible!), do we expect anything different out of his piehole?

Okay Bob, give us ONE example of YOU doing ANYTHING constructive...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Well, since Costas is MORE loony that Feinstein, and has LESS useful purpose on this planet (if that's even possible!), do we expect anything different out of his piehole?

Okay Bob, give us ONE example of YOU doing ANYTHING constructive...

Apparently Costas was some big sports star who after his successful career in sports, went on to be a sports commentator.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I like this in the comments section:

You are still playing his game by even answering an asinine question and letting him 'define' constructive by YOUR OWN answer 'self defense' if I want to shoot watermelons in my spare time that is constructive FOR ME and that's all that counts. The right is 'shall not be infringed' not 'shall be constructive'

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like this in the comments section:

You are still playing his game by even answering an asinine question and letting him 'define' constructive by YOUR OWN answer 'self defense' if I want to shoot watermelons in my spare time that is constructive FOR ME and that's all that counts. The right is 'shall not be infringed' not 'shall be constructive'

True.

Better answer:

Bob? Go pound sand.

(signed)
    Real Americans.

Top Bottom