• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    A few people have asked for explanations on Facebook but their comments were quickly deleted. Today someone actually replied and explained for Cory. It seemed to me like it was Erika but that's just a guess. This person blamed multiple site Admin's over the last three years for the confusion. They also said Cory has said in multiple videos and in person at the range that he didn't get a chanse to serve or even complete basic training. Then a few minutes later the comments were gone.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I really don't care. Apparently he served. I'm not surprised that someone who wants to sell himself as a "tactical" guy would fail to mention he got out on a medical or whatever. I have often wondered how one goes about vetting a trainer.

He does not fail to mention it on his website. :dunno:

[h=3]Bios[/h][h=4]Cory Jackson[/h]Cory Jackson is the Co-founder of Range Time-Tactical Shooting, LLC, he is also a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and a pistol and rifle instructor. Since he was medicallly discharged from the Army in 2001 for a pre- exsisting heart condition, Cory has had around 100 hours of training each year from some of the top instructors around the United States. What is unique about Cory is that he has been constantly training over the past 13 years and although he is an instructor he tries his best to be a constant student and continue to learn. Cory's training style has derived from the classes he has taken by picking and choosing what works best for him and his students.

:dunno:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

That little tidbit was not always there, however, that's not possible for me to prove since I didn't take a screenshot. It also doesn't explain why he got a general discharge and not a medical discharge. It also does not explain the AWOL situation either.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That little tidbit was not always there, however, that's not possible for me to prove since I didn't take a screenshot.

You're welcome to use my DeLorean...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.rangetimets.com/about-us/bios

10/2012 said:
    Bios
    Cory Jackson

Cory Jackson is a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and a pistol and rifle instructor. Since 2001 Cory has had between 96-112 hours of training each year from some excellent instructors, so around 1300 hours of defensive training in handgun and rifle classes. Also training in instructor classes where you learn how to train and build up the students. Cory training style has derived from the classes he has taken from picking and choosing what works best for him and his students.
    Contact Cory

6/2013 said:
    Bios
    Cory Jackson

Cory Jackson is a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and a pistol and rifle instructor. Since he was honorably discharged from the Army in 2001, Cory has had between 96-112 hours of training each year from some excellent instructors, so around 1300 hours of defensive training in handgun and rifle classes. Also training in instructor classes where you learn how to train and build up the students. Cory training style has derived from the classes he has taken from picking and choosing what works best for him and his students.
    Contact Cory

8/2014 said:
    Bios
    Cory Jackson

Cory Jackson is the Co-founder of Range Time-Tactical Shooting, LLC, he is also a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer and a pistol and rifle instructor. Since he was medicallly discharged from the Army in 2001 for a pre- exsisting heart condition, Cory has had around 100 hours of training each year from some of the top instructors around the United States. What is unique about Cory is that he has been constantly training over the past 13 years and although he is an instructor he tries his best to be a constant student and continue to learn. Cory's training style has derived from the classes he has taken by picking and choosing what works best for him and his students.
    Contact Cory

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Regardless it seems that his original intent was to enhance a resume. The only problem is that his military background was not an enhancement at all but he tried to make it fit his intended purpose anyway.

Why even bother to mention a military type background if you do not intend to use it as a resume enhancer? It serves no purpose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That little tidbit was not always there, however, that's not possible for me to prove since I didn't take a screenshot. It also doesn't explain why he got a general discharge and not a medical discharge. It also does not explain the AWOL situation either.

Looks like the general discharge is used for medical reasons. :dunno:

General discharges are given to service members whose performance is satisfactory but is marked by a considerable departure in duty performance and conduct expected of military members. Reasons for such a characterization of service vary, from medical discharges to misconduct

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have nothing positive to say about Corey based upon both the first hand encounters I've had with him at the gun counter, and the interactions my coworkers had. He is one of the most arrogant people I've ever met.

My brief interaction with him at a 2a rally was enough to never consider training with him.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I trained down there not to long ago and he did say that he never served or even went to basic because of a heart condition. Just throwing it out there, I am not for supporting someone who lies about his time in the service or lack there of. This is the first time that I have heard about this, besides him telling people on youtube what he did or what happened when he signed up. Then again they didnt feel to fond of INGO either....hmmmm *connecting the dots*

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I trained down there not to long ago and he did say that he never served or even went to basic because of a heart condition. Just throwing it out there, I am not for supporting someone who lies about his time in the service or lack there of. This is the first time that I have heard about this, besides him telling people on youtube what he did or what happened when he signed up. Then again they didnt feel to fond of INGO either....hmmmm *connecting the dots*

Yet they have a huge INGO banner on their range?

rt.JPG

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seal Team -1 member here and we eat ******* like you for breakfast.

Meal? I've never heard that euphemism for it.

:laugh:

Well, Sausage IS a breakfast food... Cream filled sausages count too? :laugh:

Riiight! I'll bet you are also the founder of the super duper top secret anti-terror team Pink Cell too?

He WAS! However Pink Cell is responsible for interior design of the barracks and training facilities. They color coordinate HARD CORE. (and are faaaaaabulous! :gheyhi:)

He did get disqualified for a heart condition: he didnt have the heart to commit to serving his country. Too bad he is apparently confusing a medical heart condition with a mental heart condition.

Yet they have a huge INGO banner on their range?

View attachment 30955

After this thread, not for long! :laugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Does this mean classes will be cheaper now? There's a lot of trainers who only parrot what they themselves have been taught and have no "real world" experience that some favor as so important. I think an effective teacher is a gift. Is Corey a good teacher? From what I've heard yes. Obviously now he will be judged on teaching abilities only and not resume.
    He seems to come across as cocky but who the **** isn't in this gun community. Go to the range and try to tell a guy he's doing it wrong and about to blow his jewels off and see what happens. He will probably verbally assault you as if you poked his wife.
    As far as using his lady to help get views on his channel ... Who can ****ing blame him?! I would too she's hot!! No one would know who the heck he is if it wasn't for her duh! And I'm sure she is a big girl and smart and independent enough and knows how short she cuts her shorts. She was a willing partner so what's the harm?
    either way they're both ingo members so all rules still apply right? No name calling ect. right?
    ive never met either one of them but these pitchfork events never end well. More hurt feelings come from them than anything else. I don't see the point. If he lied and then is gonna lie about lieing then he has to live with himself and the ridicule he's received internet wide.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I believe that banner was set up when an INGO Mod went down there for an Event.. I can't recall the details, but I am fairly sure it isn't/wasn't a permanent fixture at their place.

That a screenshot from their last video from a few days ago.I also seen this banner in other older videos. :dunno:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I do not know anything about this Cory guy but it is rare to get a general discharge for anything other than being some sort of a problem child. As for going AWOL at or before reception center, that person has NOT served and is not nor was not ever a service member . I have never heard of someone going AWOL before in processing (if that is what happened). And they sure cannot claim a MOS. Also worth noting AWOL past 30 days in length is desertion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I do not know anything about this Cory guy but it is rare to get a general discharge for anything other than being some sort of a problem child. As for going AWOL at or before reception center, that person has NOT served and is not nor was not ever a service member . I have never heard of someone going AWOL before in processing (if that is what happened). And they sure cannot claim a MOS. Also worth noting AWOL past 30 days in length is desertion.
    I think it would be classified as a pre-enlistment disbandment

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Does this mean classes will be cheaper now? There's a lot of trainers who only parrot what they themselves have been taught and have no "real world" experience that some favor as so important. I think an effective teacher is a gift. Is Corey a good teacher? From what I've heard yes. Obviously now he will be judged on teaching abilities only and not resume.
    He seems to come across as cocky but who the **** isn't in this gun community. Go to the range and try to tell a guy he's doing it wrong and about to blow his jewels off and see what happens. He will probably verbally assault you as if you poked his wife.
    As far as using his lady to help get views on his channel ... Who can ****ing blame him?! I would too she's hot!! No one would know who the heck he is if it wasn't for her duh! And I'm sure she is a big girl and smart and independent enough and knows how short she cuts her shorts. She was a willing partner so what's the harm?
    either way they're both ingo members so all rules still apply right? No name calling ect. right?
    ive never met either one of them but these pitchfork events never end well. More hurt feelings come from them than anything else. I don't see the point. If he lied and then is gonna lie about lieing then he has to live with himself and the ridicule he's received internet wide.

Kinda inclined to agree with this.

Top Bottom