• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    What's that? Public domain? It's abused and often!

*Eminent domain

Mainly yes, they are fighting to change the zone status now but losing. I do find it funny that Mr Jackson's fraud status popped up again around this zoning ordeal. I'm done talking about him, he needs to own up and move past it.

...in other words, he needs to do what Dave Canterbury did when it was revealed that he also embellished his service record:

[video=youtube;93oab3Rhir0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oab3Rhir0[/video]

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Well this is interesting. Public records show the area where range time is as being one big lot owned by someone with the last name of snow where the range is. I wonder if they are renting the land and now are tring to buy it. Also it is zones agricultural.

also noticed that the land where I used to live got sold to the mine, but that isn't info for this thread.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well this is interesting. Public records show the area where range time is as being one big lot owned by someone with the last name of snow where the range is. I wonder if they are renting the land and now are tring to buy it. Also it is zones agricultural.

also noticed that the land where I used to live got sold to the mine, but that isn't info for this thread.
    Go up a few posts. Que said who he thinks owns it

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It seems like their insurance company would have ensured the business was properly zoned before covering them.

Hmmm....doubt it. They may have liability insurance which would protect them if somebody got hurt or insurance to replace a roof if a tornado came through, etc. But if you can buy zoning insurance; that would be a new one on me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems like their insurance company would have ensured the business was properly zoned before covering them.
    We'll it seems that they didn't enquire about zoning. Maybe they didn't think about insurance either.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Haley Strategic Partners have moved their courses in September from Range Time to Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, IN (20mins from Fort Wayne). Hillside offers 10 times what Range Time could in the way of range and classroom facilities. Climate Controlled Classroom that could seat 100 comfortably to 3 Pistol Bays (one of which being a 50 yards deep by 30+ yards wide bay) and Rifle Berms from 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1000.

Along with the outdoor range, HSS offers a full stocked Store and a State of the Art Indoor Range just up the road(1/2 straight shot distance, 1 mile driving distance) from the outdoor range.

I've been working with HSP since Thursday to have the courses in September moved to HSS. We are also working on courses for 2015.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Zoning is evil, especially in rural areas.

Currently in Montgomery County, we do not have zoning. It's a constant fight to keep it that way and if you drive through, you will see signs! Unfortunately, there aren't many opportunities to buy significant chunks of land suitable for ranges anyway.

I know more than one person who has has zoning issues with ranges in Putnam County. Apparently Putnam County sucks.

What other counties don't have zoning?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Looks like some other youtubers are having some fun:

10299036_497666130377059_6064906786133738099_n.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics