• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    VT9ov7J.gif

If I were a cop, I wouldn't want to be approaching people in their cars to keep telling them they should stay at home. I'd feel better to just push them off the road.

To be clear, pushing cars off the road all day would make ME feel better.
    Who wouldn't?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    WTF

Just caught the end of the Holcomb presser.

The state director of health said that the code to track this won't go into effect until APRIL 1. AFTER THAT, they'll be able to track numbers regarding hospitalization, critical care, comorbidities, etc.

April 1.

That seems... stupid.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm sure I don't know everything that goes into that, but still.... that seems like something that could get fast-tracked.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I fully understand that. I'm just putting it out there that my employer is concerned about the optics of not physically locking their doors during the "lockdown" and I'm sure they won't be alone.

So while the .gov may let you go about as you please, I imagine plenty of businesses aren't going to be there when you show up. So this has further reaching implications than may appear on the surface.

Totally understand. And the longer it goes, the worse it gets. If there's big unemployment, how many deaths can be attributed to that?

ETA:
    Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to use "instantiate" in a legal pleading. ;)

:laugh:

I'm a huge proponent of very long, very detailed, and very clever variable names.

And camelCase is for troglodytes and hacks. When I inherent code, I will convert it to underscore_naming to mark my conquest. :cool:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just heard info that the infection rate in New York State/ According to Cumo, It's doubling every 3 days, with 25,665 cases.
    I think due to the limited amount of testing and how fast the totals are climbing. I would error on the side of caution and guesstimate
    it might actually be closer to a best/worse 3.5/2.5 days depending on that days totals.

But the point is, could you imagine the infection rate across the US if actions was not taken to limit the spread.

The entire country could have been infected in 45+ days unchecked, and could have been if Trump had not enacted the travel ban. The spread would have been way faster due to more infected coming into the country on a daily basis.

People want to biotch about being shut down to essential travel only, and how this is going to effect the economy. Left unchecked for 45 days, we wouldn't have a economy, our country would be
    decimated with sic, dying and dead citizens. It'd be like having to start over, sure the infrastructure would be there, but you can't retrain 50% of your workforce in a heartbeat when people are sick and dying.

So what's everyone's thoughts and opinions on this?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    WTF

The state director of health said that the code to track this won't go into effect until APRIL 1. AFTER THAT, they'll be able to track numbers regarding hospitalization, critical care, comorbidities, etc.

April 1.

That seems... stupid.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm sure I don't know everything that goes into that, but still.... that seems like something that could get fast-tracked.

Good grief... I could track the CV outbreak at a state level in a Google doc. :facepalm:

You guys, and the state, are way over thinking this.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Code to track what? And do you mean statute or computer stuff?

And forgive me but now I'm reading your name with a wuhan accent and it's much funnier

WTF

April 1.

That seems... stupid.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just heard info that the infection rate in New York State/ According to Cumo, It's doubling every 3 days, with 25,665 cases.
    I think due to the limited amount of testing and how fast the totals are climbing. I would error on the side of caution and guesstimate
    it might actually be closer to a best/worse 3.5/2.5 days depending on that days totals.

But the point is, could you imagine the infection rate across the US if actions was not taken to limit the spread.

The entire country could have been infected in 45+ days unchecked, and could have been if Trump had not enacted the travel ban. The spread would have been way faster due to more infected coming into the country on a daily basis.

People want to biotch about being shut down to essential travel only, and how this is going to effect the economy. Left unchecked for 45 days, we wouldn't have a economy, our country would be
    decimated with sic, dying and dead citizens. It'd be like having to start over, sure the infrastructure would be there, but you can't retrain 50% of your workforce in a heartbeat when people are sick and dying.

New York is now the center of testing in the USA. Places like Washington State and California stopped most testing already,because of the advice given by the CDC.
    It does not mean they have less cases then New York. Not testing to try and act like you do not have cases has been part of the politics of this since early February.
    cdc.jpg

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI...ofPatientsforLaboratoryTestingforCOVID19.aspx

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, I thought you'd never ask! :)

There is no "infection rate." There's the "positive testing" rate (my label, but JK's would be rate_positive_testing_daily), but that only identifies people who are in the group that has already been infected. Sure, some of those are "new" infections, but unless it is part of a contact tracing regiment, we can't say those numbers reflect that rate that people are getting infected.

Also, I have some bad news if those numbers are concerning for you. Our death toll (or, death_toll_reported) is doubling roughly every 3 days. Probably closer to 2.5 right now.

I have a spreadsheet.

Well, I think 50% is hyperbolic. But, I think one does not need to be a Cuomo to understand that the worst case scenarios are very, VERY bad.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good grief... I could track the CV outbreak at a state level in a Google doc. :facepalm:

You guys, and the state, are way over thinking this.

Code to track what? And do you mean statute or computer stuff?

And forgive me but now I'm reading your name with a wuhan accent and it's much funnier

haha I'm glad you're hanging out in this thread, doc, and if it makes you laugh, you can imagine my handle spoken like Bernadette Peters. :D

I've only tangetially come across these hospital billing codes, so maybe you can explain better. It sounded like she said that the hospital code for this won't go live until April 1, and only after that will they be able to track the treatments and other data about it.

It was the very last question though, so maybe she hurried through the response that I misunderstood.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In a brief today they said that we had tested approximately 300 and have 18 confirmed cases with 6 requiring hospitalization. The low number confirmed could be good news or it could be low due to the long lead time for results. So far our numbers have remained relatively low.

As to the statewide shutdown if I read it correctly it seems pretty loose. The biggest thing they're trying to avoid is crowds and spreading it. I read an article earlier about a party on the east coast that was attended by 40 or 50 people where one was positive without knowing it. These 40 or 50 were responsible for exposing hundreds of others, in one case an event attended by ~450 people. One flew to South Africa and became ill on the plane. etc, etc, etc. The common denominator is exposure to others.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    ****!

'Tlaib wants to hand out debit cards during coronavirus, mint trillion-dollar coins to cover cost'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-coronavirus-debit-trillion-coins

I thought this might be satire before I saw the link, then I thought it might be Fox playing it up...

NOPE... She actually said that on Twitter and started a hash tag for it and everything. It appears she has since deleted the tweet and replaced it with one stating that her proposal "will not add more debt".

I was pretty sure of it before, but now I'm positive, her and the others of her ilk are double agents sent to destroy the US. No question in mind. No one can be that stupid on accident.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    haha I'm glad you're hanging out in this thread, doc, and if it makes you laugh, you can imagine my handle spoken like Bernadette Peters. :D

I've only tangetially come across these hospital billing codes, so maybe you can explain better. It sounded like she said that the hospital code for this won't go live until April 1, and only after that will they be able to track the treatments and other data about it.

It was the very last question though, so maybe she hurried through the response that I misunderstood.

Covid codes have live in our diagnosis system for at least 10 days. Every EHR is different though. All positives being reported to department of health

When read as t rex I imagine you as the short arm of the law :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

You are not allowed to use "Bernadette Peters" and "Transgenital" in the same post!

Reported!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom