• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But also, most of the business owners and investors are in the older generation. Not saying their businesses and money would vanish if they passed, but we’ve all seen someone get left an inheritance that blew it. Usually on hookers and cocaine.

Stop watching cable and get to know some people who own businesses.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I know it has been tough on businesses that have lost money and employees BUT-

I happen to know a lot of the unemployment numbers were due to dick wads that walked off their jobs to collect an unemployment check with that extra bonus that I think the dems added. That didn't help the cause.

Let me re-say that....
    That didn't help our cause but it sure helped them get votes for getting more sheep to suck off the governments boobies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    But also, most of the business owners and investors are in the older generation. Not saying their businesses and money would vanish if they passed, but we’ve all seen someone get left an inheritance that blew it. Usually on hookers and cocaine.
    I dont have any knowledge on those statistics. It sounds plausible but I know a lot of young business owners and wealthy people too.
    As far as investors, the older investors in higher numbers or higher percentages of amounts would make more sense because they are all fully vested because of age. Also plausible.
    These are two things I haven't seen numbers on to be able to comment. I'm not an expert on anything. I just see things that make sense to me and things that dont and I say what I think. No one should ever do what I say or eat or drink anything that I do. And certainly do not run around in public only wearing a sock.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Stop watching cable and get to know some people who own businesses.
    Lol don’t have cable. I disconnected it when I only watched history channel and Comedy Central but got charged for 200 other channels.

I was in line to take over my old place of employment. It was a small hole in the wall, the dad passed away and the son took it over. I worked there my entire adult life until about 3 years ago when he started buying hellcats and new houses everywhere and not reinvesting in the business. When I turned in my notice he offered me a percentage of the company with a guarantee of the rest when he was ready to retire. I didn’t think it would last much longer at the rate it was going. I was right. Stopped by at the end of last year and they’re down to 5 employees. It’s sad to see a place you love collapsing, but I have my own family to provide for and couldn’t take the risk.

If I were single without kids I probably would have took the chance.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems odd to group 30-69:
    Yeah, I have other concerns than a lack of workers.

Why is that odd? When did you make most of the money in your life? Before your 30th birthday, or after? ;)

Workers is not as important as earners.

You can't magically have a 20 something doing the same thing a 40 something was doing, for the same quality. Let alone a 30 something and a 50 something.

The death of a 50 something takes more out of the economy NOW and for the next 10 years than the death of a 20 something. Longer than that, sure. But that then extends the economic recovery by a similar number.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I dont have any knowledge on those statistics. It sounds plausible but I know a lot of young business owners and wealthy people too.
    As far as investors, the older investors in higher numbers or higher percentages of amounts would make more sense because they are all fully vested because of age. Also plausible.
    These are two things I haven't seen numbers on to be able to comment. I'm not an expert on anything. I just see things that make sense to me and things that dont and I say what I think. No one should ever do what I say or eat or drink anything that I do. And certainly do not run around in public only wearing a sock.

According to this, the average is about 50 years old. So I’d say it’s pretty divided from 70 to 30 year olds

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...rces/small-business-ownership-statistics-know

Goven that’s just small business owners but it gives somewhat of an idea

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why is that odd? When did you make most of the money in your life? Before your 30th birthday, or after? ;)

You can't magically have a 20 something doing the same thing a 40 something was doing, for the same quality. Let alone a 30 something and a 50 something.

The death of a 50 something takes more out of the economy NOW and for the next 10 years than the death of a 20 something. Longer than that, sure. But that then extends the economic recovery by a similar number.
    Age provides more opportunities via networking. Yes age is also more wisdom but it's not unreasonable to assume a 20 year old couldn't also do the same job as a 50 year old.
    The problem arises when, most 20 year olds care more about poontang than a career and settling down and being responsible and showing up to work every day on time.
    It takes a while (afew jobs) for a lot of people to figure that out.

If they were forced to change that mindset to survive I bet it would change. When you have everything handed to you and you can make excuses and get away with it it's different than if you screw off and screw up you may starve to death or not have a roof over your head.
    Modern Americans going forward may finally have to get back to reality like Americans past

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Well now you're moving the goal posts. Before it was the number of workers, now it is the amount earned by workers. Still doesn't concern me.

Also, of those between 30 and 65 who died, how many were working? Do we know that?

What if a sizable portion were not working for one reason or another (oh, I don't know, a debilitating, preexisting medical condition)?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm certain this is the catalyst to WWIII.
    This is like the assasination of the arch duke Ferdinand

Assassinated???

U7QFSNg.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well now you're moving the goal posts. Before it was the number of workers, now it is the amount earned by workers.

Bull****. Now you're splitting hairs - what's important to the economy is people work (workers) and actually make money from it (earners) who can then spend that money.

Workers who don't make any money don't contribute to the economy while they work for no money.

Now, if you're saying those workers who work for no money mean that someone up the chain - probably older in that 50-60 range - makes money (earns it) and spends it, then ok.

That's still not moving the goalposts, because those OLDER people are dying so they can't hire the younger worker who's working for no money.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Do you have any math to support this?

As I just noted for Hough, in Indiana about 1/3 of the dead people are between 30-69.

A cohort of 30 - 69 years of age for COVID-19 is statistically as meaningful as a cohort of 14 - 21 for childhood deaths by GSW. The latter includes a subset (gangbangers) that is meaningfully unlike the cohort as a whole. The same is true for a COVID cohort of 30 - 69, given that 80%+ of all COVID deaths are among those aged 60 and older.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A cohort of 30 - 69 years of age for COVID-19 is statistically as meaningful as a cohort of 14 - 21 for childhood deaths by GSW. The latter includes a subset (gangbangers) that is meaningfully unlike the cohort as a whole. The same is true for a COVID cohort of 30 - 69, given that 80%+ of all COVID deaths are among those aged 60 and older.

But if the question involves an assessment of the US workforce, a cohort of 30-69 is relevant. Do we really want to argue if that comprises the highest wage earners? Both collectively and individually? And produces the most business owners?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Reading Google can convince you that you have the rarest most probabilistic fatal disease ever if you aren't careful.

**** I’m 32 and been stressed the last few months about dying! LOL. Not from the Covid, got some throat stuff going on. Ear and throat burning like hell, red streaks in my throat, can’t get it to get better. Of course dr. Google is the devil.

Anymore I’m not sure age is significant given all the crap out there that can kill us. I’ve had 2 friends die and a little cousin that lived with me. It’s made me pretty paranoid of death

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Reading Google can convince you that you have the rarest most probabilistic fatal disease ever if you aren't careful.
    Ya I’m not sure what’s wrong with the throat, but google adds stress and not like I can self diagnose by descriptions online. I’ve been to the ENT and had tonsils removed, he thinks it’s post nasal drip irritation but I’ve tried everything and it won’t go away. The sides of my throat are really red and burns, ears will burn sometimes too.

Im a spaz when it comes to health issues so that probably doesn’t help. Every bump or lump I think worst case scenario.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am in the Andrew Yang/Chamath Palihapitiya camp. Get everyone's w-2s from last year and if they have lost their job let the feds pay everyone their monthly wages from last year.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

the 30-69 is about half of the population, and they are the ones likely to be out and about compared to 70+. these numbers don't worry me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom