• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Am I required to keep the original with me..it is so cheap I am afraid to carry it..can I just use a copy??

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Generally people go to Kinko's or a similar place; have them copy it on matching PINK paper, after you make copies laminate it!

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I went to Office Max and got 3 or 4 copies on pink paper and laminated all but the original. I have 1 in my car, 1 in my purse, 1 in my range bag and the original locked up. The girl who helped me didn't say anything or seem to think it was strange what I needed. very helpful

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    It just makes me crazy why they would use such cheap paper,,,even on a lifetime permit

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Am I required to keep the original with me..it is so cheap I am afraid to carry it..can I just use a copy??

This is just a guess, but, I'm pretty sure you can just use a copy. Since there is no anti-counterfeiting measures on the original I just made a paper copy and laminated it. My original remains uncut and in the original envelope. Since its not used for any sort of ID, all they really need is your number. If you commit it to memory that might even be accepted. Once they positively ID you and you spit out your LTCH number I doubt there would be any hassle. Anybody care to shoot that down?

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    I just made 5 copies of mine that I recieved today:rockwoot:.
    I went to staples and the kid just made the copies on identical paper and it was $.8 each. I took them home where I have a laminater. I put a small ink dot on the back of the original, and laminated all of them twice. They are indistinguishable. They are also all VERY strong and durable
    (because of being double laminated). I put 2 back in the envelope, along with original paper and put it away. I put 1 in all three of my vehicle's glove boxes. And the original in my wallet. I figure the original is gonna last forever, unless it gets washed, lost, or stolen. And if that happens, I will pay the $20 for another original, and carry a copy until it arrives. The spares are purely for in case I forget or lose my wallet and am pulled over, or I need them for backup. Thats my story!:D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    seems they could find a way to do it like the drivers liscense pardon my spelling...
    Bad idea. This would increase the already long backlog. It would also increase costs. Just make the copies. Keep the original safe. I scanned mine onto the computer.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kinko's tole me when I took mine in that they could NOT copy it. They were directed not to.
    Staples had no problems.
    I personally think a reduction in size is best, too. Just slightly, for proper wallet fit.

Top Bottom