• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    We all know you can fire that real quickly without too much thinking. We are so quick to read the article and arm chair quaterback in these threads.

Anyone who is firing "without too much thinking" shouldn't ever have a gun, LEO or civilian. As a person firing a lead projectile capable of serious injury or death must always be thinking about what they are doing. Bursts of rapid firing are fine, provided you know that your shot will be right on, or at least very, very close. If you can't account for a bullet if it is a miss, it should have never been fired. I have always thought that any person with a gun, civilian or LEO, should have to take defensive actions outside of firing if they can't be 100% sure they are going to hit their target and there are people in the backdrop, especially if they don't know the guilt of those people. This could have easily been two innocent people dead.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Agree sort of on the six-shooter. Me think it's a question of "markmenship" that is lacking in the country at all levels: solider, LEO and civilians.

We have gotten away from the aim and shoot to the heck lets carry 30 rounds in a magazine and hope 1 or 2 hits the target. :cool:

I couldn't agree more. But it's what I've come to expect from a society that despises firearms. Bad aim is the only outcome of a society that teaches advanced Calculus II and Spanish III, but wouldn't dare ever teach Marksmanship. Cities and towns are ever growing and expanding, as are public schools. Individuals (on a major scale) don't have the land to target practice and we wouldn't dare open up a shooting range within a million miles of a school, church, parking lot, business, home, or thought.

When we aren't taught how to shoot and we have little place to practice, of course we'll hit a target 5 times out of 42 shots. Why wouldn't we?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I couldn't agree more. But it's what I've come to expect from a society that despises firearms. Bad aim is the only outcome of a society that teaches advanced Calculus II and Spanish III, but wouldn't dare ever teach Marksmanship. Cities and towns are ever growing and expanding, as are public schools. Individuals (on a major scale) don't have the land to target practice and we wouldn't dare open up a shooting range within a million miles of a school, church, parking lot, business, home, or thought.

When we aren't taught how to shoot and we have little place to practice, of course we'll hit a target 5 times out of 42 shots. Why wouldn't we?

I would have definitely signed up for that elective in College!!

Seriously, Marksmanship or Firearms 101 would have been a great course in a safe, well instructed environment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would have definitely signed up for that elective in College!!

Seriously, Marksmanship or Firearms 101 would have been a great course in a safe, well instructed environment.

r u crAzY! Don't you know that those evil black GLOCKs go BOOM! and can harm and even kill our innocent children in school which is suppose to be a safe haven for them!

Have u lost your mind! :nono: What kind of parent are u to even think of putting all those children's in harm way by using such a dangerous tool.
    shame on u! ;)

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    r u crAzY! Don't you know that those evil black GLOCKs go BOOM! and can harm and even kill our innocent children in school which is suppose to be a safe haven for them!

Have u lost your mind! :nono: What kind of parent are u to even think of putting all those children's in harm way by using such a dangerous tool.
    shame on u! ;)

Yes. I am a crazy, gun toting psychopath that is a tin-foil hat wearing domestic terrorist.* ;)

Disclaimer - * I had stopped using purple, but I used it here so that there is no doubt about my sacasm for those government officals who read my posts. :wavey:

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    I suggest everyone read the two articles again.

42 shots from 5 officers doesn't sound like much until you read that one didn't fire at all - realizing that there were innocents in the car, and two officers accounted for most of the shots. One officer shot 24 times. That is at least one reload.

I don't know about you but that does sound wrong. Even if the robber had shot at the LEOs you would think that by the time there was a reload they would figure out he wasn't alone in the car that was at a drive thru - not on a curb waiting to be a get-away car.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I suggest everyone read the two articles again.

42 shots from 5 officers doesn't sound like much until you read that one didn't fire at all - realizing that there were innocents in the car, and two officers accounted for most of the shots. One officer shot 24 times. That is at least one reload.

I don't know about you but that does sound wrong. Even if the robber had shot at the LEOs you would think that by the time there was a reload they would figure out he wasn't alone in the car that was at a drive thru - not on a curb waiting to be a get-away car.

Two words: Officer safety.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Anyone who is firing "without too much thinking" shouldn't ever have a gun, LEO or civilian. As a person firing a lead projectile capable of serious injury or death must always be thinking about what they are doing. Bursts of rapid firing are fine, provided you know that your shot will be right on, or at least very, very close. If you can't account for a bullet if it is a miss, it should have never been fired. I have always thought that any person with a gun, civilian or LEO, should have to take defensive actions outside of firing if they can't be 100% sure they are going to hit their target and there are people in the backdrop, especially if they don't know the guilt of those people. This could have easily been two innocent people dead.
    ive dumped entire mags with little or no thought to any of this. **** happens sometimes.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ive dumped entire mags with little or no thought to any of this. **** happens sometimes.

Well, if you are talking about a war setting, I can understand that. In the US, out in public, I have to wonder what you would think if some trigger happy cop, who only went to the range during mandatory qualification days, were to open a burst of 15 rounds, a few of which struck you, one of your loved ones, one of your kids (or future kids), etc..

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Are there any handgun magazines capable of holding that many rounds?
    Also note that there were 5 officers and 42 rounds fired in total so an avg of 8 to 9 shots per person.
    According to the first article, two of the officers fired 30 of the 42 shots.

In June, a police review board recommended that two of the officers involved, who fired 30 of the 42 shots, be investigated by internal affairs, "citing concerns they failed to consider their surroundings, among other issues," the Times-Union reported.

Let's assume their issued sidearms hold 15 rounds (which stands to reason given evidence), that means two of the officers expended their magazines while the others were far more conservative with their fire.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    According to the first article, two of the officers fired 30 of the 42 shots.

Let's assume their issued sidearms hold 15 rounds (which stands to reason given evidence), that means two of the officers expended their magazines while the others were far more conservative with their fire.

I'm just grateful no cops were hurt.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Well, if you are talking about a war setting, I can understand that. In the US, out in public, I have to wonder what you would think if some trigger happy cop, who only went to the range during mandatory qualification days, were to open a burst of 15 rounds, a few of which struck you, one of your loved ones, one of your kids (or future kids), etc..
    youve gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. :):

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Me too.

My only concern is that they left three of the perps alive. They do need more training I believe... 42 shots and only one kill? They all should have been killed. Hopefully training can remedy this issue for future shootings.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom