• ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    homeowners part from my view.
    1.like i had said earlier anytime i am questioned as to why i'm doing part of my job (yes we established he was on private property)(as long as intention was right) i get frustrated, once i have been questioned when i believe i'm right i am instantly a bit less likely to go out of my way for whoever questioned me. if i am wrong i will USUALLY fess to it(never to my wife)

2.the second he is on his phone, or yelling for his brother i would instantly as an officer be worried(we don't know who he is) we don't know if he has warrants, cop killer, someone with something to loose.

i'll be on the defensive

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    GREAT idea! And after you let your 3 year old drive you can use the phone books to look for a lawyer so you can try to get your kids back from CPS who just got involved.:laugh:

So basiclly my 9y/o daughter could go out in my beat up truck on some field I just might own and do as many doughnuts and drifting turns as she wants???? I mean I got to drive a Grain Truck at a young age, but I figured this would be illegal by now... That's awesome! Maybe I should let my 3y/o son go drive around my house.... :D Now where are all those phone books and wood blocks... :n00b:

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    1.like i had said earlier anytime i am questioned as to why i'm doing part of my job (yes we established he was on private property)(as long as intention was right) i get frustrated, once i have been questioned when i believe i'm right i am instantly a bit less likely to go out of my way for whoever questioned me. if i am wrong i will USUALLY fess to it(never to my wife)

2.the second he is on his phone, or yelling for his brother i would instantly as an officer be worried(we don't know who he is) we don't know if he has warrants, cop killer, someone with something to loose.

i'll be on the defensive

munky:
    There's no mention of a phone in the OP

also:
    You mentioned that when someone questions how you do your job you'd get upset.
    Could it be that you feel that way because you work with prison inmates
    that do not have the same rights as free citizens?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    1.like i had said earlier anytime i am questioned as to why i'm doing part of my job (yes we established he was on private property)(as long as intention was right) i get frustrated, once i have been questioned when i believe i'm right i am instantly a bit less likely to go out of my way for whoever questioned me.
    As a paid servant of the people, it's your job to ensure the rights of the law abiding citizens. Unless there is more to the original story, this citizen was breaking no law and thus giving you no right to decide whether to "go out of your way" for them or not. You are not the judge and jury. Your job is to see that the NON-law-abiding citizens are brought infront of said judge and jury, and nothing else. You don't even have a duty to protect, so let's cut that dead wood out of the way right now.
    Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A. 2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981) Upheld June 27, 2005- Supreme Court ruling of Castle Rock v. Gonzales.
    So by my understanding of the original post, the officer had no right to escalate ANY further upon hearing "this is private property".

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    if i am wrong i will USUALLY fess to it(never to my wife)

we all know officers make mistakes, they are still human. that is what i'm pushing here. he was probably a rookie who heard someone peeling out and rushed to do his job. may not have been to the law enforcement academy yet, may have been a reserve, may have slept through that day in calss. it's likely he just made a bad call, if that's the case this guy(homeowner) will have his day soon enough, and this officer should know better from now on.
    i would just like to hear the OTHER side

*if proven wrong on this i will be eating a lot of crow*

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    As a paid servant of the people, it's your job to ensure the rights of the law abiding citizens. Unless there is more to the original story, this citizen was breaking no law and thus giving you no right to decide whether to "go out of your way" for them or not. You are not the judge and jury. Your job is to see that the NON-law-abiding citizens are brought infront of said judge and jury, and nothing else. You don't even have a duty to protect, so let's cut that dead wood out of the way right now.
    Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A. 2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981) Upheld June 27, 2005- Supreme Court ruling of Castle Rock v. Gonzales.
    So by my understanding of the original post, the officer had no right to escalate ANY further upon hearing "this is private property".

this guy even admitted to getting on it in his car, what i was getting at there was we don't know which direction he was heading. if he tromps on it in a direction away from his house and towards a public road described as 150 feet from his home,there is always a chance of mechanical failure...accelerator stuck, brake failure ect.once again i accept that he was on private property and he has the right to do what he wants,but if someone else is placed in harms way then i can see why an officer would pull him over.i personally had one p.o.s car have the brakes fail and the gas stick.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    this guy even admitted to getting on it in his car, what i was getting at there was we don't know which direction he was heading. if he tromps on it in a direction away from his house and towards a public road described as 150 feet from his home,there is always a chance of mechanical failure...accelerator stuck, brake failure ect.once again i accept that he was on private property and he has the right to do what he wants,but if someone else is placed in harms way then i can see why an officer would pull him over.i personally had one p.o.s car have the brakes fail and the gas stick.
    That's a lot of "if", but even the biggest "if" doesn't trump legalities. What he was doing was perfectly legal.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    what car forum did this come out of? This guy wrote about it asking questions? There may be more of this story is posted there. You all may get a better understanding by reading more about it at the Car Forum...........just a thought

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    just speaking my mind, yeah, i did a lot of "what if'ing", but like i said i think there's probably more to this. i just see it different. i could be waaaaaay off

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    wow, i did'nt realize my wife was on here :D
    I'm the "Every" wife. Always right, always running late*, always looking to score chocolate to get the fix I was jonesin' for...
    But I digress...
    Homeowner; 1
    Copper; 0
    :D

* OK, I'm not really always running late... I plead guilty to stereotyping my own kind. I apologize to all my non-stereotypical sisters out there.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    just becuase you changed the clock does'nt mean your on time

copper; 1
    Curses! I'd have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

scoobydoogang01.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom