• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    See, I've worked in my family's chinese place for 10 years and when I was old enough, I carried a gun while dealing with some demanding customers that think our sauces are free. They have no idea that we buy them in bulky and a couple of the packages aren't expensive, but if I do that to every customers, that's money going out the door. Seriously, people ask for so many sauce. 10, 15. 20. or just a vague term of "more soy sauce" and look offended if I asked them to pay for it or say they have enough. This isn't Mickey D's or BK where ketchup is free and the employees don't give a crap if they are giving away stuff that costs the company money everyday to restock.

Now I don't know the context of why this idiot pulled a gun on a customer, but for me...unless the guy is planning to rob me, my gun is staying hidden in my pants and I've had to deal with some of the most annoying, easily offended people in town. People don't understand how hard it is for guys that work in the service industry and how freaking entitled some customers can be...for Chinese food. Like it's a ****ing 5 star restaurant in downtown.

Anyway, regardless of where you work or who you are unless the situation becomes dangerous for you, don't take your gun out ever. If I ever bump into an unreasonable or hostile customer, I'd tell them to leave...politely. The gun is the extreme last resort of any disagreement.

Last edited by a moderator:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Most people know you can't pull a gun for soy sauce.
    Brown mustard yes
    Soy sauce no
    Brown mustard?

guldens.jpg

Oh, you mean Chinese hot mustard, made with dry yellow mustard.

Never mind... :laugh:

As far as the article, it appears Allan Lin is one of those folks that shouldn't posses a firearm in the first place. :facepalm:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude.
    I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude.
    Across this line, you do not-
    Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.
    Asian-american, please.

Walter Sobchak

Top Bottom