• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Some 'manager' is gonna be looking for new employment shortly.

Maybe gun owners everywhere should boycott Dennys, just to make a point. (Except criminals, of course.)

Let Diane F. and her ilk take up the slack in business.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I bet the response time to that Denny's is going to be... VERY long!

I'm thinking that manager is now gainfully employed by the Obama unemployment system

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    From the story...

“It’s absolutely a slap in the face I totally agree it’s completely disrespectful. How can anyone think to tell a [STRIKE]police officer[/STRIKE] licensed, law abiding citizen you can’t be in here with your gun its absurd to me.”

Fixed it for them.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've eaten there quite a few times without incident, both CCing and OCing. As stated in the article, they have a policy against exactly what happened. I'd say it was a manager making up the rules as they go. Doubtful the manager will be there much longer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, in Denny's defense a second manager told them they could stay and Denny's didn't actually ban them from coming back, their own brass did.

Sounds like an isolated case of one idiot manager.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    :patriot:We have a new Denny's here in Bedford, have not eaten there, but I think 1 manager is hitting the street and finding another place to go. :ar15:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I think the manager did the right thing. If they aren't going to let law abiding civilians wear guns into the resturant, they shouldn't allow ANYONE to wear guns in there. Why should cops be exempt from the rules that WE all have to abide by. Rules are rules and cops don't get special treatment!

That being said. The rule is STUPID and should be abolished.

I also think that if "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines are banned, that the cops shouldn't have them either. Let's see how THAT fly's when the cops are disarmed too!

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    THis is my favorite line: "Officers will go to Denny’s if they receive a service call" Cause i sure as **** wouldn't. I would even go find a criminal and tell him to hit up that Denny's, then be able to say "oh you want me to come save you?" :laugh:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Looking at the badge shown, the license plates and being from St. Louis, I am fairly confident it was Belleville, Illinois, not Missouri.

Illlinois should explain much of the hysteria; although Belleville is a long way from Crook County!

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I dont normally oc but was coming from the range and had my s&w m&p .22 oc with my regular cc g19 both. Went to Dennys on xmas eve in Dale In. with all six kids and wife amd nobody said a word. Not sure if anyone even saw it to be honest though. The only time I actually oc is when im on my way to or from the woods or the range so I felt a little exposed while at Dennys but no biggy I guess. Didnt know they have any no firearm policy.

Top Bottom