Terra Haute
    Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Neighbors called last year when we were shooting a bow in the backyard, cop came down and taught my kids how to aim better then I could

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Now would be a great time to talk to your neighbor about moving suppressors to Title I.:D

The Freeman Plan: for a quieter and healthier America.

There are 2 reasons why I may one day justify the cost of a suppressor. 1, they're just friggin cool, and 2. I always worry that I might be bothering the neighbors. Honestly though, I'd rather look into what paperwork I need to fill out and build one myself if it would save money. Not sure if that woudl be legal, so I'll have to check into it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    There are 2 reasons why I may one day justify the cost of a suppressor. 1, they're just friggin cool, and 2. I always worry that I might be bothering the neighbors. Honestly though, I'd rather look into what paperwork I need to fill out and build one myself if it would save money. Not sure if that woudl be legal, so I'll have to check into it.

Same paperwork as if you purchased one, so you would only save the cost of the suppressor.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    If you've not been shooting there before, I can understand her concern. She may have never heard any gunshots in her area before, so this would be out of the ordinary. If it is a regular activity for you, then she needs to mind her own business.

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    I just recently moved to the small town of Gaston. I live a just few blocks inside the town limits, but my buddy (who's on the PD) just so happens to live a half-mile down the road outside of the town. He also happens to have a range in his backyard. So I'm in the group "if I'm shooting and police show up, I get to try out a few new toys." Nothing better than a day of shooting with a few guys in uniform. They always bring out something I don't have. The only problem is when it comes to picking up brass, 30 lbs of gear on a duty belt doesnt offer much help.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Well, it's not illegal to shoot U.S. coins

U.S.code Title 18, Chapter 17, Section 331:
    Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined
    at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation
    as money within the United States; or

Whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings
    into the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered, defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified,
    scaled, or lightened—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

The answer to the defacement question is: it depends.

Essentially, the key word here is 'fraudulently'. You can legally drive a nail through a coin, paint it ultramarine, melt it, or bend it into a pretzel - but the moment you try and use that coin as currency, you're breaking the law. You can sell that altered coin as a collectable, but you can't use it to buy a Snickers. You can gold-plate your cent-less V-nickel, but you can't pass it with the intention of making the clerk think it's a gold piece. You can mash your pennies in the cent crusher at the zoo, but don't even think about buying penny candy with them ever again.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and you should only accept legal advice from a licensed attorney.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was always told a penny isnt legal tender. Not sure how true that is, and I am certainly not trying to stir up a debate on the subject, but a penny sure is a nice target at 50/100 yards, and an interesting discussion piece when people see them. As an aside, you aren't supposed to burn paper money either, but it always seems to burn a hole in my pocket when I hit up Bradis for supplies. :-)

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Out here beyond the city limits, if my neighbors don't here shooting every couple of days they roll up the drive to check on the house, because they assume I'm on vacation.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    She must not have lived there long because I live by that area also & I always hear gun fire. There's a guy not too far off w/ class 3 stuff.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That's ridiculous that the lady called. Especially on a .22

We had 2 dozen MSG2 people over on Saturday, shooting for about an hour and a half or so. No visits from the sheriffs or neighbors. And that was shooting everything from .22's to shotguns.

Top Bottom