• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Oh man, I really like that! Kind of a "steampunk" look.
    Agree with the 'steampunk look', Chez.

Like some others, I really expected it to look like some 'bling, bling, homie!' so overly-gaudy that I'd immediately need to put 30" spinnies on my 1982 Plymouth 'K' car! :laugh:

As it turns out, it's one of those things we see from time to time that's "cool just because it's cool". :thumbsup:

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    That is some nice wood… on the rifle I mean. The whole rifle is very cool, but I don't think I would want to take it out and use it after putting that much work into it, just to see it get dinged up and dirty.

To each their own.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That was a very pleasant surprise. I expected something trashy or at least gaudy. Instead it looks more like a weapon that would be presented to a very, Very VIP on a special occasion.

On a side note, I have to wonder if he does AK's like that too. But then, I guess it makes more sense for it to be hanging on a wall looking pretty if it's an AR. :stickpoke:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I vote classy. Gotta appreciate not only his reasoning but the craftsmanship he's demonstrated. I appreciated the part about having to machine undersize to allow for the thickness of the plating--that's really cool.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    It needs an old copper cased compass inlet into the stock!

Why hasn't some manufacturer machined uppers and lowers out of copper or brass by now anyways?

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    In the article he said the copper won't ever be polished, and hopes to achieve the tarnished look of an old penny.

Yeah, sounds awesome. Keeping it oiled will prevent it from oxidizing into a green color and a wonderful brownish patina should develop, with very nice "usage worn" shiny areas, as I imagine it. Kind of like an really old musical instrument that has lost its lacquer, but everywhere the hand holds it is brighter than the rest.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom