• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    See prime example of why we need more gun control laws. Dang gun had it out for this nice cop. Its never the person holding holding the guns fault always the gun. I know this because a "highly" trained officer of the law was shot by his own gun so I now know it was the guns fault. Everyone please be very careful because these beautiful pieces of metal and polymer in some cases are out to get YOU!

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    This.... why use a loaded gun for a demonstration in a classroom setting?

Unless the point was discussing guns in general, there was no reason whatsoever to engage in "show and tell" with a bunch of school kids short of trying to look like a big tough guy. I've helped get some noobies interested in shooting, and when it comes time to let them handle a gun I clear it and keep it with me the whole time until I hand it to them (and show them how to check that it's cleared), and make sure any ammunition is nowhere near us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, hardly. I've served warrants with US Marshals (warrants is their bread and butter you know) and it is scary. Their officer safety/tactics is horrible.

Scary is right. I got called to a "suspicious activity" call once, where the FBI was doing trash pulls. I arrive, and the agent try to open the door of one of their SUVs to show me their credentials ..........

....and get drawn down on. Who teaches that stuff? They tried to complain, but Fogerty (our ex-chief) was like, "you can pound sand."

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Go to most any Locker Room or Ready Room at any any Post in the Country and you will likely find a few bullet holes in walls, ceilings and floors. Yes it can happen to the best of us.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People from 7 year olds to law enforcement professionals and everywhere in between seem to make the mistake of believing that stripping out the mag unloaded the firearm, like they've never heard of a chamber. The 7 year olds might be forgiven for that, but not the professionals.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, no matter how ingrained safety procedures are, it only takes a momentary distraction to render all that training useless. And it's not just with firearms safety. I had an acquaintance who was an experienced flight medic on a helicopter who - because of a breakdown in a safety routine he had practiced religiously for years - failed to connect his safety harness to the helicopter and fell out while it was 75 feet in the air. It was his only mistake in 10 years of flying and it was his last.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Cop from my old stomping grounds caught a ricochet from a half size steel silhouette, inches above his
    other gun. Swore he was 30 yards away (recommended minimum) . Apparently had one of those new gravity defying bullets. He was transfered to another district...where he shot himself in the
    hand. As the saying goes....you can't fix stupid.

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    people who shoot themselves on "accident" are negligent. there is no excuse. one should commit to muscle memory to always check the chamber when disassembling a firearm. I despise the phrase "accidental discharge".

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    people who shoot themselves on "accident" are negligent. there is no excuse. one should commit to muscle memory to always check the chamber when disassembling a firearm. I despise the phrase "accidental discharge".

It's just symantics.
    Perhaps we should just erase the word accidental all together. If someone has a car crash, almost always it's not an accident, someone was negligent.
    So when would ANYTHING be an accident?
    It's just a word

Gun fired when I didn't intend it to ... it was fired accidently.
    But if I am afraid guns will get a bad rap, we'll call it negligently.
    Whatever.

Top Bottom