• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Similar thing happened to an officer I worked with. A few years later he developed cancer in the injured leg. Eventually died from it. Let's hope this officer fairs better.

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    That's terrible. Probably a young guy, two young-uns, married, on the way to his dream job. Then in an instant, possibly crippled, probably no money coming in, embarrassed to no end, on top of everything else he had goin on. I hope he makes a full recovery, but I'll be surprised if his new career works out.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The journalist is obviously a glock owner and just wants to shed doubt on any other manufacturer. In his zeal, he just started lumping names together.

On a more serious note, my guess is the guy had the slide locked back, inserted the mag and thumbed the slide lock with this finger on the trigger.

I know there are very few truely "accidental" discharges, but I saw this very same thing happen to a friend of mine after a rather long shift. He dropped the mag out of his 1911, locked the slide back, showed the shift supervisor, who pronounced the pistol clear. Then, not thinking, he reinserted the mag, let the slide go, while pulling the trigger, and BANG. One dead clearing barrel. Force of habit, long hours, and tired mind. Thank goodness the clearing barrel was the one that caught the round.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Since when is ok to NOT point your gun in a safe direction when clearing. Dont point your gun at anything your not willing to shoot> Guess im confused i thought guns were supposed to go bang when he trigger is pulled atleast hes ok

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    So much of that is just wrong on all levels.

he was a reserve officer, and at a school , is he still restricted by law to not carry on school grounds ? I thought he was allowed to carry and if this is correct why was he unloading?
    The worst part is he said it was his "personal" weapon and yet he wasn't familiar with it, not even the most basic operation, so why would he carry a weapon he wasn't familiar with ?
    I think maybe the police department might want to re-think their firearms training program.

car06281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Near Richmond
    Cops and guns

I completed the class for Utah CFP yesterday in Richmond yesterday and saw a scary police shooting video.

One cop was cuffing a suspect on the ground while another cop had her gun trained on the suspect at point blank range. She accidentally pulled the trigger and shot the pavement right next to the suspects face. Everybody in the video totally freaked.

BTW it was a great course taught by Bruce Campell.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I completed the class for Utah CFP yesterday in Richmond yesterday and saw a scary police shooting video.

One cop was cuffing a suspect on the ground while another cop had her gun trained on the suspect at point blank range. She accidentally pulled the trigger and shot the pavement right next to the suspects face. Everybody in the video totally freaked.

Was it this one?
    Watch Accidental discharge Video | Break.com

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    +1 to all who said that the P.D. needs to rethink their training program. Aside from all of the other safety rules when it comes to the proper handling of firearms, my personal number 1 rule is to never point the muzzle of any weapon at anything you are not willing to destroy. If that one simple rule was followed, there would be a lot less injuries and deaths caused by the improper handling of firearms.

Disclaimer: Although I may not be happy if I have an A.D. into my gun safe, considering the options of my children, my dog, my wife, my neighbors, or anything else in my home, I would prefer that the round to into the gun safe and stop. Granted there is not a gun safe everywhere but, there is usually something big, thick and ugly enough to stop a bullet. Even if it's only the ground in a wide open area. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

Was it this one?

bruce_campbell_army_of_darkness.jpg

Bruce-campbell-gun.jpg

bruce_campbell.jpg

:dunno: :dunno:

;) :D :D ;)

Top Bottom