• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    So, I went to Kroger last night, the wife wanted some cookies. As I'm checking out, this little old lady checking out next to me looks over and says, "Excuse me, sir, thank you, thank you for carrying your firearm it makes me feel safer knowing a legally armed citizen is here and can do something if someone does something stupid."

This is only the third time I've ever had anyone even openly acknowledge I'm carrying and the third positive encounter. OC POWERS ACTIVATE!!!!

Just thought I'd share.

Sweet little old lady. I never OC...not that there's anything wrong with that.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I would not even consider going into our local Kroger unarmed, that place is like a zombie movie, especially around the first of the month.

I feel the same way about our local Walmart. When food stamp day arrives, its like black friday at the food isle. I seldom not carry at my walmart.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I would not even consider going into our local Kroger unarmed, that place is like a zombie movie, especially around the first of the month.

I feel the same way about our local Walmart. When food stamp day arrives, its like black friday at the food isle. I seldom not carry at my walmart.

Yep, in Greenfield, I do too, in both of those stores..Bill.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I have yet to really get a nasty look or have a negative experience while carrying. I know its just a matter of time but the proportion of positive to negative is fairly impressive to me. Something tells me when I move things might change a bit. Avon/Plainfield areas seem to be very open to carry in general.

I honestly think I had my first MWAG down on the Southside 2 weeks ago. 3 cop cars drove up in front of the house I am moving into all of them stared at me, got on their radios and drove off. My wife mother in law, and father in law were all standing there and they were just staring at me. Oh well. Nothing happened so who cares in the end.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Same boat Faine. I had a little old lady say almost the exact same thing to me at Meijer a while back. I've yet to have a negative encounter while OCing, only a few positive comments.

Thanks for sharing your story.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    So, I went to Kroger last night, the wife wanted some cookies. As I'm checking out, this little old lady checking out next to me looks over and says, "Excuse me, sir, thank you, thank you for carrying your firearm it makes me feel safer knowing a legally armed citizen is here and can do something if someone does something stupid.".

Just curious if she really said "legally armed citizen", kinda reminds of something Batman would say :D

Top Bottom