• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "Gitsum" a self-produced music video by a group called "Hogjaw." In another forum their style is described as sort of a cross between ZZ top and Skynard. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Skynard, but ZZ Top? No way. Their beards aren't anywhere near long enough. :p

Oh. Almost forgot the link:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=EAqA2sJM-qg"]YouTube - Gitsum[/ame]

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Six generations back I'm related to Lynard Skynard -- Lol :)
    Gotta love them southern roots. You never leave 'em. :)

Here's a song you might have heard...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huLklsj_5HI]YouTube - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama[/ame]

And that vid you posted completely rocks. I can definitely see the comparison there. :)

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    i don't think that confederate flag and the red neck vibe of the video is helping our cause to be honest.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Help our cause with whom? The Brady's and Feinstein's and Obama's of the world? They're going to hate and fear gun owners no matter what you do.

The "intellectual" "elite," for the most part, are going to be the opposition no matter what you do. The only thing that will dissuade them is a large ground swell from "joe sixpack."

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Meh.. it's good, classic southern rock. Like it or not, the confederate flag and red-neck vibe tend to go with that style of music. Like bare midriffs and anorexic girls go along with teeny bopper pop songs these days. I don't really agree with that image either, but I enjoy the music... well, some of it anyway. It gets me moving when the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. :)

I doubt the song was intended to sway the masses to "our side" but rather to help inspire the passion that's needed to keep it alive and moving. Good music is best when the performers are passionate about the topic, and clearly, these guys are passionate about keeping their right to defend themselves. :)

Top Bottom