mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    i'll jump in. Wife went to a PS party a couple weeks ago. Wanted to buy a stoneware crock that would cook a whole chicken in 20 minutes in the microwave. $90. ugh. I like a crisp skin so I said no way. (these conversations are all via txt... we check in on big purchases... I rarely tell her no btw.)

She went to another yesterday. "stoneware crock. can use it on the grill, broiler, microwave or oven. Its only $150. Can we get it? THey say a good dutch oven is $350 so this is a steal."

I shot that down too. First, I never use these things on the grill or broiler. Second, If I'm paying $150, it had better be a SET! Funny, the only "good" dutch ovens I could find are at stores that "if you have to ask, you cant afford" like Williams Sonoma.

I REALLY like Pampered Chef accessories. Kitchen timer is my all time favorite. They have some other cool things. But when you start getting above $50, some of the items are ridiculously overpriced.

Tell your wife I have that PC stoneware baker that will do the chicken. I never use it...I use my cast iron because I like it so much better. Also, cooking in the microwave is just not good for you. I use that baker for some things, but not the chicken in the microwave and I could definitely manage without it. However, I will say I did not pay anything close to full price for it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Been using the cast iron fairly consistently since I got it. Nice and seasoned now plenty of bacon and sausage. Now eggs don't stick anymore. My girl still prefers the non stick pan because of the weight though

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    While definitely not Le Creuset, right now there's an online deal for a 10 qt enameled stockpot fr from Macy's Martha Stewart collection for $20. My wife got me one a while back, and I've been happy with it. It's on the Brad's deals website, search for "stockpot". I'll post the link when I'm not on my phone. Necropost over.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom