• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    +1 for the police, -1 for the courts/prisons. He was sentenced to 12 years in 2004 for 6 counts of aggravated robbery.

That's a combination of "new math" and legaleze. "12 Years" means "less than 7 years."

That's why us old guys are constantly confused and chagrined. We are going by OLD math and still believe that a word or phrase should mean what the words say.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Glad he made it and no innocents were hurt. I hope he seeks some additional training. He was shooting no better than the crooks. All three of them seem to have received their training from gang banger movies.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Care to discuss his choice to carry WITHOUT one in the pipe? He racked the gun immediately. In his action under duress he squeezed the magazine release (love my HK with paddle mag release, but I digress) and dropped the mag. Think it's no big deal carrying without one in the pipe? It really is a hammer otherwise.

Last edited:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Care to discuss his choice to carry WITHOUT one in the pipe? He racked the gun immediately. In his action under duress he squeezed the magazine release (love my HK with paddle mag release, but I digress) and dropped the mag. Think it's no big deal carrying without one in the pipe? It really is a hammer otherwise.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. When I first brought a gun home, my girlfriend was very nervous about it albeit because she simply is not educated about them. She didn't want to hold it or even see it. To ease her fear, I assured her I would not keep a round in the pipe.

However, realizing that the few moments it would take for me to rack the slide might mean the difference between life and death I am re-evaluating my decision. I now do keep the gun ready to fire when sleeping or when out on the town. On my side in my home or around the yard I do not, however that will likely change as I get more comfortable with the idea.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Plenty of prints on the way out though:cool:, they was grabbing all over the place to open the door. I'd bet that there was at least 4 or 5 really good prints for ID.

Yeah, and hopefully a good ID based on the trails of fecal matter left behind.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm willing to let all the poor aiming, mag-dropping, and multiple racking go without accusing the guy, because he was indeed fighting for his life, and **** happens.

However, it's his lack of situational awareness that could have cost him. He didn't even notice the bad guys until they were on top of him with their guns. At that point, he tried to draw, but it was too late. If those guys had been at all comfortable with killing, the clerk would be dead.

But I'm glad he isn't! And props for fighting back, even if it was a bit bumbling!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm willing to let all the poor aiming, mag-dropping, and multiple racking go without accusing the guy, because he was indeed fighting for his life, and **** happens.

However, it's his lack of situational awareness that could have cost him. He didn't even notice the bad guys until they were on top of him with their guns. At that point, he tried to draw, but it was too late. If those guys had been at all comfortable with killing, the clerk would be dead.

But I'm glad he isn't! And props for fighting back, even if it was a bit bumbling!

I'd even forgive his lack of situational awareness to a large degree. He was a manager of a retail store. His job is to assist customers, many of whom will be walking up to him to ask questions. Many other customers will be merely walking down the same aisle he would be in to get to something on the shelves, or the bathroom, or whatever.

He can't be in the habit of acting the same way that he would if approached by someone in a parking lot or the sidewalk at 3am. If he bladed himself to every customer, had his hand on his pistol, and glared at them, he would soon be out of a job.

Retail is kind of risky that way. You have to initially assume that everyone is merely a customer who you should be friendly to, as opposed to initially assuming that everyone is a threat you may need to respond to.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I'd even forgive his lack of situational awareness to a large degree. He was a manager of a retail store. His job is to assist customers, many of whom will be walking up to him to ask questions. Many other customers will be merely walking down the same aisle he would be in to get to something on the shelves, or the bathroom, or whatever.

He can't be in the habit of acting the same way that he would if approached by someone in a parking lot or the sidewalk at 3am. If he bladed himself to every customer, had his hand on his pistol, and glared at them, he would soon be out of a job.

Retail is kind of risky that way. You have to initially assume that everyone is merely a customer who you should be friendly to, as opposed to initially assuming that everyone is a threat you may need to respond to.

Yeah, I get a kick out of people who always go on about "situational awareness".

They act like everybody has to always be "on" even in the most mundane of routines. Taking a shower, swimming in the lake with your family, even typing a post on an internet forum (wait, what was that noise? OK, never mind, it was just the wind. :D). You can't always be "on". It's impossible.

This was one of those times.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

I'll agree that everyone's SA can't be peaked at all times, especially in retail, but in this case, it could have been a bit more elevated once the shooting began even! The customer in the other isle was just as lucky to not be shot by the BG's as he was to not be shot by the clerk! He seemed to be starting to shoot at them as they were tripping over the other customer!

Clerk spent 7 years in the Iraqi Army.

That actually explains a lot! I mean A LOT! Those guys can't hit anything, at least not on purpose!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Hah, on the way out the door, the guy in red almost shoots his buddy in the face! I can't believe I haven't seen this video until now!

Top Bottom