• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Anyone know if a can can be bored out from 5.56mm to 7.62mm. It will be 5.56mm to be converted to 300 Blackout. Now Im no expert but I know the 5.56 can isnt large enough to suppress 7.62x51mm but Im sure its more than enough for 7.62x35mm. Any opinions?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I can almost assure you that this will in some way void the warranty. I am also pretty sure no manufacturer would do this for you. I'd try calling some of the companies who do modifications on other companies cans. Liberty comes to mind. On second thought because you are permanently changing the caliber of the can, there might be some BATFE loops to jump through as well..

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Just shoot a few rounds thru it. That should re-bore it out just fine

Seriously though, I doubt you are going to be able to find anyone to do that, as its basically re-manufacturing the can at that point, will require changing the engravings, etc...

Spend the money, get a new can for that caliber.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    On second thought because you are permanently changing the caliber of the can, there might be some BATFE loops to jump through as well..

how would modifying a can be any diffrent then a permanint change to say an sbr, it can be done. so why not a suppressor just have to notify the atf of the change i would assume :twocents::dunno:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    how would modifying a can be any diffrent then a permanint change to say an sbr, it can be done. so why not a suppressor just have to notify the atf of the change i would assume :twocents::dunno:

Exactly what you just said, As I've never known anyone who has done this, I could not tell you it would just be that simple. It is the NFA branch, remember.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited:

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    From what I understand you just can't bore it out though you would have to change all the internals since the design and configuration is different to handle the difference in percussion. Every can is designed cal specific to give the optimal sound suppression. So my advice is just buy a 7.62 can and be done with it. No since trying some thing to cut a corner and ruin a good thing in the process.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Or if only whisper/fireball/blackout is going to be ran thru it, usings SUBSONIC ammo a lot of 9mm pistol cans will suppress it just fine. That way you could get double duty out of it..........

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Thanks for the info. I just wanted to convert the 5.56 can to allow 300 Blackout to be fired. Selling this can is a pain in the ass and I will no longer have any use for a 5.56mm can. Guess Ill have to wait until I find someone looking for one who has cash or someone who wants to trade for it. I won't make the mistake of buying another can again that is caliber specific.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    MayDay671 :

Want to transfer your old one, legally?? PM, plz. EBG

Just shoot a few rounds thru it. That should re-bore it out just fine

Seriously though, I doubt you are going to be able to find anyone to do that, as its basically re-manufacturing the can at that point, will require changing the engravings, etc...

Spend the money, get a new can for that caliber.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Hunter Town Suppressors

These folk have a banner-ad on the site here, but I can't find a way to inquire about their goods and service. Can anyone help out? Anybody ever used their product? Thanks EBG

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    These folk have a banner-ad on the site here, but I can't find a way to inquire about their goods and service. Can anyone help out? Anybody ever used their product? Thanks EBG

If you contact 21st Century Arms you may get a contact. I think they are teamed up on the suppressor projects.

Top Bottom