• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It sounds to me like we could see a vote as early as today as part of the McConnell cave to the filibuster. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul filibustered but brave Mitch would never cave to pressure. First time a Dem does it and we are going to give gun rights away to make everyone happy.

This type of behavior is exactly why the GOP establishment is hated by people like me - they are worse than worthless. We need more principled conservatives like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Jason Amash, etc.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This type of behavior is exactly why the GOP establishment is hated by people like me - they are worse than worthless. We need more principled conservatives like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Jason Amash, etc.

Yes I hate they caved, but what make better press coverage, filibustering on top of 49 dead bodies or on principle? To the avg American I bet it's the dead bodies.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sent. Easy peasy. I also emailed them individually (Coats, Donnelly and Walorski. I think it's important to flood their inboxes via their contact forms on their web sites:

"The Second Amendment is again under fire and we have to stand firm against the infringements being proposed. The latest salvo of banning gun ownership by those on a secret list, placed there by a faceless, nameless bureaucrat is misguided at best and treasonous at worst.

Due process of law is a basic, fundamental right that is being denied to some number of American citizens on the list right now. How many? No one knows. This list is now being considered to be used to deny citizens their civil rights. Shall not be infringed is abundantly clear to anyone that reads it. We have so many infringements now; it's getting unrealistic to know all the laws in all the states to be sure we stay legal.

Now more laws are being proposed that will do NOTHING to stop the tragedies we've seen recently, nor future ones. A complete failure of law enforcement caused the Orlando mess. Not a single law abiding citizen did anything to cause that. Law enforcement dropped the ball and likely political correctness had much to do with that.
    Our president and the presumptive Democrat nominee admonish all of us not to condemn all Muslims for the actions of one, yet they condemn all gun owners for the actions of that same one.

You must stand firm in protecting our civil rights, stand firm in protecting the right of due process, stand firm in opposing more laws that will do nothing to prevent any of this; only to penalize the law abiding.

The last thing that we should be doing is disarming ourselves in the face of ever mounting terrorist threats. Please help us to remain free and with the ability to protect ourselves and our families with the 2nd Amendment affirming our God given right to self-defense and defense of the State."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Done, I hate that I have to keep reminding Republicans that I don't want them to take my guns or raise my taxes...this should be a given and the price of entry for a rep. The Dems I expect to try to violate my rights.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Meh, I expect politicians to be self serving. I expect all of them to try to take my rights.

My real issue is with gun owners themselves. If they won't fight for their rights, maybe they should lose them.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Messages sent! I cannot wait for the condescending stupid form letter I will get from Andre Carson (talking about how most gun owners register their guns).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm hearing/reading that on Monday they'll be voting on motions and what not...not necessarily actual bills but the wheels are turning.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I sent and shared (IMAGC via FB) for more to see, share and send ...

I also tried to send to McConnell and may try to hit some other senators with it. ...

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I actually sent a message to Rep. Messer earlier today, and had planned on sending messages to Senators Coats and Donnelly this evening. Saved me some time, and Rep. Messer got an extra message.... couldn't hurt.

Thanks for the link!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    They really don't care what we think. If they did they wouldn't be so willing to violate their oath of Office. I worked for the NRA back in the 90s and dealt with "politicians". Did you know that every one of them have response letters already printed up - one for each side of every issue. Numerous times they would stupidly send you the wrong one. They are all lying scum because that's how you get ahead in the political world. Wake up people. Sending them messages has no effect whatsoever on these people. It didn't work with King George 200 years ago and it won't work now either. You may not accept "compromise" but I assure you all of them do every day. It's a game to these people. So long as they make the rules and are willing to violate them any time they want - they will win.

Top Bottom