• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have shot the .40 and it shot well. Grip felt pretty good. No problems as far as reliability on both occasions although I didn't put a lot of rounds through it. Last time I shot it was on Christmas day.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I own one and I have to admit that flipping the safety requires a bit of practice if you don't want to move your grip on the pistol itself. Maybe my thumb isn't long enough to reach or maybe the safety is a bit too high or something, but it took some practice to learn how to efficiently draw, flip the safety off and line up to my target all in one smooth motion.

Another negative would be that since the PX4 line isn't as popular as the 92FS or Glocks or M&Ps or XDs that the accessories are sometimes not as plentiful and they might be a big more expensive since nobody makes non-factory mags. Mags run $30+ and there are definitely holsters out there (have a don hume and a beretta factory holster) but the selection at a gun show is only ok. I go online mostly to find accessories.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PX4 regardless of the above points. It shoots great, feels good in my hand, and looks a lot better than those other mid-level pistols, if I do say so myself, ha.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group, Hurler! :welcome:

I have a PX-4 G model with me right now. It is my first line in home protection and been carried out of the house on many occasions. Need I say more about how much I like it???

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I haven't shot one but would love to. I have three other firearms from Beretta and am a fan-boy... They make a quality product and I'm sure if it fits you well it'd be reliable. My :twocents:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I have two full size Px4 F models onn 9mm and one 40cal. Love them both. They come with three backstraps to custom fit to your hand and the recoil is nominal.

They are wonderful. I am now looking for one in 45

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I think the px4 is my favorite pistol I own. I've owned glocks, CZs, Smith and Wessons, and HK USPs; but I think the px4 beats them all. I shoot it frequently and it is very accurate and I have never had any reliability problems. Currently it is on home defense duty, but I have also carried it quite a bit and have no problem trusting my life to it.

DSCF4971.jpg

Last edited:

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Px4 was my first purchase when I moved to Indy from California 6 years ago. Now I've got the FS and the Cx4 to go with it. Love the Px4. Probably 2,000 rounds with out any probllems.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    We own 2 Beretta PX4's in our family..

BerettaPX49mm4.jpg

They both shoot their PX4's in competition and do very well.

They are fine guns and not as boxy looking as most guns today.

Very pretty to me.

:cool:

Last edited:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I've got one in 9mm. I have big hands and it was a little small, but putting on the bigger backstrap that comes with it helped that a lot. Haven't had the chance to put many rounds through it yet (one 50 round box) but it held its own pretty well. No issues at all and it was able to put every round exactly where I wanted it to go.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    My father inlaw has one. It seems ok, but its not for me I guess. He fell in love with it when he picked it up, said it fit his hand great, and thats what matters. He hasnt shot it yet, as our days off havent matched up, and he wants to go shooting with me (Ouch Ouch hes twisting my arm)... Hopefully in the next couple weeks!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    A friend of mine has one and I was very impressed with it when I shot it at the range, very low recoil and very accurate. I'm not a big fan of hammer fired guns but if I did get one it would probably be a PX4 Storm.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have a PX4 in 9MM and like how it feels in my hand along with the best shooting 9mm I own. The only downside for me is the "U" shaped pin for the different backstraps is a pain to put in and remove.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't own one and have only held one once so far. I will say this. I was surprised at how it felt. It reminded me a lot of my 96. If I were to buy a poly gun, this would be my first choice.

-JD-

Top Bottom