• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, apparently, you believe no one else in the history of Congress has given any thought to it. You have to examine EVERY piece of e-mail to see if comments or questions are added to form letters, this doesn't begin to count the tens of thousands of entirely unique pieces of mail that have to be sorted individually or the letter writing campaigns which each have to be hand examined to see what was added in the margins. If you think it's easy or even technically possible, I will personally take you around to sell it to every member office. It would sell like hotcakes and not for cheap either.

So what you're saying, then, is that they are so inundated with mail that they can't handle the volume. That it's too much trouble or expense to read (let alone answer) all the mail that comes in? Seriously, it's obvious that I don't understand, so please explain to me why I should even bother writing. I am not trying to bait you. I really want to know.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So what you're saying, then, is that they are so inundated with mail that they can't handle the volume. That it's too much trouble or expense to read (let alone answer) all the mail that comes in? Seriously, it's obvious that I don't understand, so please explain to me why I should even bother writing. I am not trying to bait you. I really want to know.

I told you why. The positions, for and against, on topics are tallied and discussed with the MC. Handwritten, unique letters have a good chance of making it to the MC for a personal response, but tens of thousands of letters with slight variations can not have every jot and tittle responded to. Hell, posters on this forum don't even go that far. Even your question above shows a gross misreading of what I wrote and that is in responding to just a few messages, try to tease the details out of 10,000. Every message gets examined for the main points but IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to write an individualized message addressing every tiny point of every piece of correspondence. If you want a specific question answered, call the DC office and ask for the legislative director or communications director (legislative assistants, legislative correspondents, staff assistants, and schedulers usually are not authorized to speak on behalf of the member).

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I wrote Souder on a different issue than the second amendment, I recieved a hand written card from him. The man was mostly on my side, but trying to read his writting now thats tricky! After reading my new NRA mag the issue that I had will also involve the second amendment. I am a chronic pain patient, I take certain medications that if I lived in New York would disqualify me from gun owner ship even though I have been on it for years and I am used to side effects!

Top Bottom