Congressional Off-Shore Drilling Ban Expires Sept. 30, 2008 -- Unless Congress Renews

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    [SIZE=+1]Congressional Off-Shore Drilling Ban Expires Sept. 30, 2008 -- Unless Congress Renews[/SIZE]
    Monday, July 14, 2008 | Kristinn

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 12:17:01 PM by kristinn

For those of us with limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the debate on off-shore drilling along American coastal waters, it is important to understand this fact:
    The ban by the U.S. Congress on off-shore drilling has to be imposed every fiscal year and is scheduled to expire Sept. 30, 2008.
    This explains President Bush's announcement that he will repeal a separate executive order on off-shore drilling leaving only the Congressional ban in place.
    The gambit by the President will force both houses of the Democrat-led Congress to vote before the elections on keeping the ban in place at a time of record high oil prices and record global demand that has driven domestic gas pump prices to over $4 per gallon.
    Even if Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid are able to pass the ban, they would still have to get the ban past President Bush, either with his signature or by over-riding a veto. President Bush has laid the groundwork for a battle the environmental extremists and anti-drilling politicians in both (but mainly the Democrats) parties don't want.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Me too, More American oil and jobs

I really do think it would boost this country's economy with creations of new jobs, lower oil/gas prices, and less dependency on those middle eastern terrorist supporting bastards. We don't need em!

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    If it all works out I think the best effect could be more widespread refining capability thus creating a more stable supply therefor more stable cost per gallon. Assuming they build more refineries near the sources of new found oil,

I'm sure that makes to much sense, so the idiot libtards will slip something in to block it to keep the tree hugging jackoffs happy, but it could help absorb some shock when the Gulf goes down for Hurricanes.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Drill here, drill now, and dry up a large source of wealth of the bastards in the Middle East and South America. We have the energy to be self sufficient, and the inovation to stay that way in the future.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Update:

John Hoffmeister, ex-President of Shell Oil, today on the Glenn Beck show on CNN (AKA Clinton News Network) explained that oil companies do not trust the government. Even though the off-shore oil ban will expire on Sept 30, 2008, the oil companies may not begin drilling because another bill could be passed next year (if Barack Obama becomes president with a Democatic controlled Congress) that would stop drilling again, which would cause the companies and investors (IRA's) to lose a mass amount of money...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    If it all works out I think the best effect could be more widespread refining capability thus creating a more stable supply therefor more stable cost per gallon. Assuming they build more refineries near the sources of new found oil,

I'm sure that makes to much sense, so the idiot libtards will slip something in to block it to keep the tree hugging jackoffs happy, but it could help absorb some shock when the Gulf goes down for Hurricanes.

I saw something where the Dems were expecting the "tree hugging jackoffs" (Nice) to tie up any new attempts to drill, in court at every turn, thereby making it more expensive and no real relief to US.

Top Bottom