• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guess they couldn't find anywhere to downsize. This spending bill is laden with pork and crap and we and our children will be paying for it for ages to come. This one looks to be "bi-partisan", too. The republicans just had to wait till the last minute, when it is do or die time, to get this 1600+ page monstrosity passed so they could pay off the favours they incurred. Same for their dem buddies. It's painfully obvious that the republicans are talking out their asses when it comes to downsizing government and reining in spending. That's something that just doesn't even interest them.

By Cromnibus! The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the Massive New $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill - Hit & Run : Reason.com

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/0...ice-for-averting-shutdown.html?referrer=&_r=1

djsmith1000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    United States
    Quite frustrating, but they don't have nearly as much leverage until they actually have senate control next year. Hopefully they'll put their game face on then. One can at least hope.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A trillion here, a trillion there... Pretty soon you're talkin real money.:rolleyes:

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    They are nothing more than the pigs living in the farmer's house at Manor Farm.

They can all be cast into Hell for all I care.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They are nothing more than the pigs living in the farmer's house at Manor Farm.

Hey! Them's fightin words mister.:xmad:
    Pigs are noble creatures who lay down their lives so that we may eat bacon.:bacondance:

I will not stand idly by while you denigrate their good name.:nono:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    They spend like a group of 16 year old girls with their daddys credit card at a Victoria Secret Pink BOGO sale. . . X 10.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's a related item.
    ...the federal government closed out the first two months of fiscal 2015 with $404,155,000,000 in total receipts, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today. In constant 2014 dollars, this is the first time federal revenues have topped $400 billion in the first two months of the fiscal year.
    Even with these record revenues, the Treasury ran a deficit of $178.531 billion deficit in October and November as it spent $582.686 billion.

Most of the money they are getting is coming from the Income Tax and SS payments (so much for that damned lock box). Corporations only paid in a paltry $12 billion. With the deficit added in each American household got handed a bill for $6571. Now they're going to spend even more and stick us with the bills. Again.

$404,155,000,000: Taxes Set Record in First 2 Months of FY15?Deficit Still $179B | CNS News

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Last I heard now they are delaying the vote because they don't know they have the votes to pass it. It barely passed a procedural vote to bring it to the floor. Obama is having to grovel to the dems to get support, pelosi is against it...Sounds like they are having a good ol time. No doubt just delaying another swift kick of the can though.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Don't shut down my parks and monuments!

I was on vacation in the Outer Banks last time they shut down. What an inconvenience! I had to step around their barricades to get to the beaches. Although I was pissed that they forced a private business (my favourite fishing pier) to shut down. That was BS.

As for them shutting things down this time around....I'm betting they don't.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Let's see....$1,100,000,000,000 / 330,000,000 people rounds out to about $3,333 per person.

If you are a family of four, your "representatives" are getting ready to spend about $13,333 of your cash. Of course, since almost half of the people are not taxed, they are spending about $27,000 of your cash. The actual cost will be higher given that the spending is deficit spending and will increase with interest charges.

Top Bottom