• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I do believe it has been shot down before, but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be this time.

This would tremendously slow consumer spending and economic growth if passed.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This blows, while I have always been thinking that it is only a matter of time, I will not be happy to see any such change... And while I am all about helping local businesses I do not want to see the online market suffer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmmm...I don't see all the hub-bub...you guys all pay your sales taxes on your on-line purchases with your state returns like me, don't you?

:cool:

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So if the brick and mortar retailers are the folks complaining, how about a federal elimination of sales tax to even the playing field?

I guess that should should have probably been purple, I was thinking that elected officials were sent to DC to represent the interests of their people.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Hmmmm...I don't see all the hub-bub...you guys all pay your sales taxes on your on-line purchases with your state returns like me, don't you?

:cool:
    Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

In the tax form, why can't they have a multiple choice column so you can answer. "I don't understand the question......"

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    The problem with it is sales tax is for the state not federal and there are so many variants that it is expensive to track which tax code is appropiate. A better alternative would be a flat tax rate for online purchases. I will continue to purchase online as there is a better selection and I prefer to buy some things online. If the country went to a flat tax for federal as well then it would make things a whole lot easier and that is why it will never happen as the bureaucracy loves getting bigger.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting that ND Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is sponsoring this. My guess is that a lot of her constituents, being in mostly rural areas, would buy a lot on line and therefore be screwed by this law. On the other hand, I read that she may run for ND Gov. in 2018 when her term is up. As Gov. she would covet the extra revenue although ND for the moment is awash in revenue thanks to the oil boom.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been faithfully paying the mandatory user tax to the State of Indiana any time I live in the state for over 30 years. Most online purchases are made by credit card, just add them up at the end of the year. The fact this is even an issue proves that The Indiana department of revenue has been asleep at the switch so long that people think it is optional.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've long ago come to the conclusion that leadership has long lost any connection it might have had to people before they run for office. It's all about the money and funneling it to their friends.

Top Bottom