• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support built-in breathalyzers in every vehicle?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    yes, i am still in iraq, but i do watch the news. im not saying america is not in serious trouble. but it is not to the point where the damage is irreparable. until someone proclaims themselves to be president for life, theres always a way out.

Do you think America can hold on for 3 and half more years? I fear not. I fear that this Administration and Congress is going to hand America over to UN rule if we're not careful. They're about to push this Healthcare bill through against the will of the People. Imagine what else they can sign into law, or the UN and OAS treaties they can ratify without the People's consent in the next 2-3 years...

Yea, I'd say irreprarable damage is and will be done if something doesn't change soon.

Sorry about the thread jack. I'll stop now.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I hear this often: "...it would free up resources to do other things in our community...", however I seldom see it happen and I never see those excess funds returned to the people from whom they are extorted in taxes.

I agree that we try to free up resources and they are poorly managed. I can't change that from where I sit.
    Second, driving is not a priviledge. The Drivers LICENSE is a priviledge, but to say that I can't own and use a piece of property on roads that we all pay for is, to me, asinine. You didn't see people having to have a horse riding license, or license plate their horses and carriage did you? Those things were FAR more dangerous than cars. Plus they shat wherever they wanted to and you weren't forced to clean it up creating a smelly, nasty hazard in every street in town.

So from then, to now, what changed? Speed? So what? A drunk on a horse could trample people just as easily as a drunk in a car. A horse and carriage that comes unhooked could do as much damage as a speeding car. I fail to see how driving a car has become a priviledge.

As for driving being a right vs. a privilege. Well, the court does not agree with you.
    As for horses being more dangerous, I would love to see your facts but I have yet to take a fatal carriage accident report and we have plenty downtown and you can still be arrested for driving a carriage drunk, but I don't know how we can make an interlock device for a horse.

Maybe try to stop spewing made up facts and purporting them to be true and look at the situation. Drunk Drivers need to be kept off the street. If you don't believe that then you are probably one of them. If you don't like this idea why don't you come up with a better way to do it cheaper that would make you happy?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Lawguns, I agree, drunk drivers need to be kept off the street, but is it really acceptable to suspect or to accuse everyone (or even every 4th car at a checkpoint) because someone might be/have been drinking? If the answer is yes, then I would ask you where it stops? Cell-phone disablers? A soundproof box in the back seat for the children? No open containers of food in the car? When is it no longer acceptable? "If it saves just one child..."?

Ryan, I think what IHI was saying was not that Tea Parties and a vocal, involved citizenry cannot make a difference, but rather that the driver's license is so firmly ingrained in our paradigm of "what should be" that it is unlikely to go away, and no amount of protesting or campaigning can make it so. It would be like trying to campaign to abolish Congress or to have a popular vote to impeach Pelosi... Unless the House of Representatives decides to impeach her, it won't happen, and since she controls the House, she is effectively "above the law", as is anyone under her protection, i.e. Barry Hussein. She cannot guarantee an impeachment by calling the vote, but she can prevent one by not doing so. Driver's licenses are not going away.

Blessings,
    Bill

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Constitution must take precedence before anything else that "needs" to be done.

Without the U.S. Constitution, this is no longer America.

I haven't seen anybody refute my post about this law being unconstitutional in terms of the 4th & 10th Amendments. This law must pass the stress-test versus all parts of the Constitution.

I also made a valid point about this being comparable to gun control. The methods used end up violating everyone's rights to weed out a few bad apples. They've distorted our minds into believing that it is a "privilege" to bear arms as well. Gee thank you big brother for trusting me!
    Don't let the ends justify the means. After all, we "need" to reduce gun crime in America too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Look, I'm all for taking drunk drivers off the streets, but invasion of privacy is unConstitutional. Having "devices" put in a car to monitor people's state of mind and driving habits is a Draconian theory and the People will not allow it. If you want to stop drunk drivers, stop them at the source. If you own a bar, make sure those drinking don't drive. Require them to give up their keys, call them a cab (rarely see this), call the police if they jump in their car after drinking. People can take responsiblity for others by not allowing them to drive. Drive for them.

You're not going to be able to stop people from making dumb mistakes, even fatal ones, without taking away people's rights. Get over it. It's not going to happen.

As far as my comments about horses/cars, I was refering to the past vs. the present. I'm sorry about your narrow mind on the issue. I'm pretty sure they didn't keep statistics back then about such things so arguing about it is pointless.

About the courts agreeing or not with me about Priviledge vs. Right when it comes to driving a car, how many times has the courts been Constitutionally wrong? Does this mean you think the courts are ALWAYS right? Just as a soldier is OBLIGATED to disobey an illegal order, people are OBLIGATED to disobey illegal laws. If the courts said it is now illegal to FART in you car, would you obey? Of course not. If the courts said you had no right to own and carry a firearm, would you obey? I'd hope not.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Look familiar? It means that we have other rights that the government cannot infringe upon. Being able to travel by any means is a RIGHT. Just because you MIGHT shoot someone with a gun doesn't mean that a License to Carry is legal. You have a RIGHT and a RESPONSIBLITY to defend yourself. If that's with a gun, you have that right. Just as you have the RIGHT to travel. Especially in a car.

Besides, most cities and towns refuse to allow travel by horse or give you a place to keep one. Does no good to have a horse stable a mile away or ride a horse when there's no place to "park" one.

I understand Driver's Licenses aren't going away. But I am saying they are :bs: and unConstitutional. Maybe not so much a CDL, but a regular DL is.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I understand Driver's Licenses aren't going away. But I am saying they are :bs: and unConstitutional. Maybe not so much a CDL, but a regular DL is.

Have you read the Patriots: Surviving the coming collapse? You remind me of the older of the two brothers that argue traveling vs commuting. LOL You would enjoy those chapters.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nope, but sounds like a good book.... I know what I'm saying sounds awfully foriegn and asinine, but what do you think your great grandfathers would think if the gooberment tried to license them to ride a horse? I don't think it would have gone over well.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I think it abhorrent for the government to do this, if my insurance company said they'll cut my insurance back HEAVILY if one of these is installed, I may be in for it. As long as it doesn't interrupt the sexy, luxurious lines of the Sonata's interior! :D

Heck, I carry the small Breathalyzer in my car anyways, one of the small units that you can get on the cheap. I blow into it, too high, the keys get pitched under the car, I roll down the windows and settle in for a long night... But thats me, I'm strange! :D

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Maybe somebody has already addressed this but what keeps someone else from blowing into the interlock device, someone that hasn't been drinking?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Maybe somebody has already addressed this but what keeps someone else from blowing into the interlock device, someone that hasn't been drinking?

Nothing my boss at the pizza store use to have his closing employees do it for him all the time before he went home from work (smashed) and that was in 1998! .... I NEVER BLEW FOR HIM!!!!! :n00b: X2 :laugh:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Nothing stops them from doing this.

And for every device like this, another device will be developed to fool it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    While I think it abhorrent for the government to do this, if my insurance company said they'll cut my insurance back HEAVILY if one of these is installed, I may be in for it. As long as it doesn't interrupt the sexy, luxurious lines of the Sonata's interior! :D

Heck, I carry the small Breathalyzer in my car anyways, one of the small units that you can get on the cheap. I blow into it, too high, the keys get pitched under the car, I roll down the windows and settle in for a long night... But thats me, I'm strange! :D

If it were optional and not mandatory, then this would be an entirely different conversation. Lots of people might agree to install one on those terms.

But the Congress of the United States!!? No, that's not their place, its not practical, not constitutional, and not popular. But who cares about all that.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Oh, we'd make THAT illegal too. That way no one would dare do it. It would be breaking the law don't ya know. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom