• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    With my body type I've found it hard to conceal guns properly. I first tried with an XD9, no way. Then I even tried with a Kahr CW40 in a Galco IWB holster with no success.

Until yesterday when I made my every-other-month's visit to Bradis and I saw a gun I have sought after for a good 3 years now.. The Kahr P40 Covert! And it was CHEAP!

After I was cleared to proceed, handed the lady behind the counter my cash and walked over to Bradis II for some holster searching. The gentleman there helped me greatly.

Before I do my usual and rant elsewhere I will cut to the chase.

I bought a cheap ($23 after tax!) Tagua leather IWB holster, that accommodates both my new P40 covert and even my Sig Sauer 1911 C3 Crimson Trace!

Regardless, though...
    +1 BRADIS
    +1 TAGUA

Sig 1911 C3 #1
    2012-03-22_10-23-21_401.jpg

1911 #2
    2012-03-22_10-23-33_205.jpg

1911 #3
    2012-03-22_10-23-41_909.jpg

Kahr P40 Covert #1
    2012-03-22_10-23-59_659.jpg

P40 #2
    2012-03-22_10-24-08_202.jpg

P40 #3
    2012-03-22_10-24-16_892.jpg

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Maybe you should put on some clothes (looking at your avatar)!

P40 Covert? Is that the predecessor to the PM40? Basically, a 4" barrel on the small frame?

Need pics!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Not bad, hows pocket access when that there?

and Im sorry but IWB holster look to be so uncomfortable.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Looks good but it's hard to tell when your just standing there.

I like to slide mine a little further back to 4:30 maybe even a quarter to 5:D

I think that it conceals better because it does not add the weird one sided extra width to your body. Also, as FMJ said, it makes the pockets easier to access.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Not bad, hows pocket access when that there?

and Im sorry but IWB holster look to be so uncomfortable.

Pocket access is as normal! I store my keyring and change in my right pocket, have no problem in access or comfort getting them in & out.

[STRIKE]Maybe you should put on some clothes (looking at your avatar)![/STRIKE] lol

P40 Covert? Is that the predecessor to the PM40? Basically, a 4" barrel on the small frame?

Need pics!

Yes, it is a P40 with a chopped grip, in other words the grip of a PM40.
    Best part of all, as seen on factory box it is a Covert from the factory, not an aftermarket job.

2012-03-21_22-33-22_452.jpg

A little hard to see in the picture, but I was fortunate to get 1x 5-round PM40 mag with flat/flush baseplate, 1x 5-round PM40 mag with pinky extension, and 1x 7-round extended P40 mag. Got a darn good deal on this thing

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I like my IWB for concealed, but I always like to have the gun an inch or two behind my hip bone; sticks out less that way, and is more comfortable.

Congrats on your new purchase!

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Looks good but it's hard to tell when your just standing there.

I like to slide mine a little further back to 4:30 maybe even a quarter to 5:D

I think that it conceals better because it does not add the weird one sided extra width to your body. Also, as FMJ said, it makes the pockets easier to access.

I carry my cm9 at 3 o'clock and have tried sliding it around to 430 or so but find it awkward when sitting. Do you have a problem with that? Maybe it's just my odd shaped backside but it either pokes the end of the grip out and prints badly or I feel like I'm sitting on a gun. And the second one is NEVER a good feeling to have.

Wildcat45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I am similar to your body type and I carry a Springfield xDm 45 3.8 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It is super comfortable and it would be easy to forget you're even wearing it. Crossbreed by far makes the best IWB holsters in my opinion. I do prefer to carry concealed; I like to think I have the drop on the bad guys that way!

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    i went to bradis yesterday and they tried to sell me that same holster. it looks nice but xd9sc wouldnt fit:dunno:
    so i went today and bought a blackhawk serpa. and it was cheaper than online +1 bradis

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I carry my cm9 at 3 o'clock and have tried sliding it around to 430 or so but find it awkward when sitting. Do you have a problem with that? Maybe it's just my odd shaped backside but it either pokes the end of the grip out and prints badly or I feel like I'm sitting on a gun. And the second one is NEVER a good feeling to have.

No I don't really have any problem with it. I carry both an XD service and a S&W 642 in a supertuck. Not at the same time:D

If I carry that big gun at 3 o'clock then it would really make me look lopsided.

But everyone is different and guns will fit different. I do carry concealed but do not concern myself if it prints here or there.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    No I don't really have any problem with it. I carry both an XD service and a S&W 642 in a supertuck. Not at the same time:D

If I carry that big gun at 3 o'clock then it would really make me look lopsided.

But everyone is different and guns will fit different. I do carry concealed but do not concern myself if it prints here or there.

I should probably try one of the hybrid holsters like a supertuck. Or not worry as much about the printing.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I should probably try one of the hybrid holsters like a supertuck. Or not worry as much about the printing.

I carry an XD 9 service in a DM Bullard Dual Carry. It is extremely comfortable both inside and outside.

I've talked to many guys that have used the Crossbreed and the Dual Carry, and while most put the Dual Carry at a close second, for IWB, they love the option of reversing the clips and carrying OWB.

Lead time on the DM Bullard is 16-20 weeks.....just so you know.

Last edited:

skyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    www.versacarry.com; been great for me w/ iwb carry on an xd sc 9mm. BTW, skinny people **** me off, always complaining about "body type." I am not fat, but certainly not skinny, and i work out (no beer curls).

Top Bottom