• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Carrying in other states is easy when you view "gun laws" as mere suggestions and not actual rules. When someone finds me a California cop carrying a 10 round magazine and a gun off the Ca roster then I might respect these "laws" a bit more.

Add purple wherever you think is relevant

Well, if you don't mind going to prison if you're ever caught... Disobeying gun laws, however righteous it is to ignore unconstitutional laws, can and will destroy your entire life if ever noticed. Not worth the risk for most of us.

Plenty of documented times where a CCW holder ventured over state lines without understanding the consequences and the state destroyed their entire life.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    You're GTG in all the states you mentioned, as they are all Constitutional Carry. If you have an IN LTC, even better.

Things to watch out for. Check these for each state you visit.
    -"no guns" Signs have force of law in many states
    -statutory prohibited places vary widely state to state. Some are not obvious, especially coming from IN (which has very few prohibited places.)
    -Duty to Inform in some states
    -Restaurants serving alcohol - a few states ban entirely, many ban for places where > 50% of their income is from alcohol (e.g. bars)

If you have a Smartphone, the CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State app is available for iPhone or Android. It has all the different sections / types of laws for each state, as well as reciprocity.
    Thanks for the info and the app suggestion.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, so many states are now Constitutional around, it makes for so much less headaches. There are getting to be enough states to make it really do-able.

With Florida going CC.. its getting ever more tempting to just forget the LTCH. I have went that route. I am going to let mine lapse.

Yes I know it means I will have to stay away from Michigan.. IL is no go even with the LTCH so it doesn't matter ether way.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Honestly, so many states are now Constitutional around, it makes for so much less headaches. There are getting to be enough states to make it really do-able.

With Florida going CC.. its getting ever more tempting to just forget the LTCH. I have went that route. I am going to let mine lapse.

Yes I know it means I will have to stay away from Michigan.. IL is no go even with the LTCH so it doesn't matter ether way.

Couple of years ago I was in Ypsilanti, MI for work for 5 weeks. Conceal carried all over the state, including downtown Detroit with my Indiana lifetime permit. Had to know local laws of course but I had no issues.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Carrying in other states is easy when you view "gun laws" as mere suggestions and not actual rules. When someone finds me a California cop carrying a 10 round magazine and a gun off the Ca roster then I might respect these "laws" a bit more.

Add purple wherever you think is relevant
    Not the best advice

You just told everyone how to say you’ve never been Mirandized without saying you’ve never been Mirandized!

Everyone a bold talker on that whole “judged by 12 instead of carried by 6” until your Mirandized and testified on the stand and waiting to see if a GJ recommends an indictment!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I think I am misunderstaning this statement. It is perfectly legal for an IN resident to carry a handgun into MI with a LTCH. I do it several times a year and have been ctopped by a LEO one time without incident.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think I am misunderstaning this statement. It is perfectly legal for an IN resident to carry a handgun into MI with a LTCH. I do it several times a year and have been ctopped by a LEO one time without incident.
    I am letting my LTCH drop when it expires (never bothered to get a Lifetime, and I don't feel like doing the paperwork again)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last I knew, in Tennessee, the signs do carry the weight of law, BUT, they must be very specifically worded.

I’ve carried in every state you mentioned, without incident, but as others have said, do your homework before leaving Indiana.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I am letting my LTCH drop when it expires (never bothered to get a Lifetime, and I don't feel like doing the paperwork again)
    Just an FYI while there is no case law in Indiana as Cc is new without a permit simply driving by a school you are in violation of the school zone law. Now I don’t know of any Prosecutors or that would charge one say if you had reason to get stopped or had a vehicle wreck and towed/inventories within that magical 1,000 feet however a Permit makes sure you won’t be a test case

Do what you will with it.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's FREE other than the finger prints.
    I’m not dealing with the hassle anymore.

It will get to the point where the LTCH won’t get you anymore states. indeed, there are already several constitutional carry states, that didn’t accept Indiana LTCH anyway.

I am the beginning of what will become commonplace, Indiana LTCH soon will be a pretty worthless thing.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Last I knew, in Tennessee, the signs do carry the weight of law, BUT, they must be very specifically worded.

I’ve carried in every state you mentioned, without incident, but as others have said, do your homework before leaving Indiana.
    Yes Although there is some debate locally if only M9’s are prohibited.

Top Bottom