• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I hope something can come of this petition. I'm getting tired of seeing people who are more capable of behaving responsibly and taking care of themselves than most of the population being bullied into helplessness.

Great post, you just beat me to it. Just saw Hickok45 post the petition on Facebook.

Been here since Nov. and that's your first post? Welcome to INGO!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Why only CC? :dunno:

The last shooting, and another shooting on the same base is in Texas, and Texas does not have open carry. Something else that might be reasoned into the CC argument for on military installations, open carry would advertise as being "under arms" or on duty, and if you are not actually on duty, concealing the weapon would prevent someone from making that assumption, if the military member is in uniform, but not on duty.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Let's just get our soldiers back to carrying FIRST, then we can bicker and debate over CC / OC / JFC, eh?

You can blame Clinton for the prohibition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's just get our soldiers back to carrying FIRST, then we can bicker and debate over CC / OC / JFC, eh?

You can blame Clinton for the prohibition.

Here's the problem. If we allow them to carry, while in uniform, who picks up the tab for liability? Who pays for training, the weapons, upkeep, and so on. I think to allow this to happen the military will have to revamp quite a bit. If this is going to work, the military is probably going to have to arm everybody, and adopt a policy that prohibits soldiers from wearing uniform when not working; that way they can be allowed to carry as they please when not in uniform, and these ridding the govt of some liability.

I say this because, we all know that soldiers regularly stay in uniform, off-post/duty. They go to bars, strips clubs, restaurants pretty much anywhere. If we started allowing uniformed, armed off-duty soldiers in public, I can imagine the public outcry of "police state!" Some solution needs to be made, because soldiers should be able to defend themselves.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, I say allow all uniformed soldiers to carry, openly, on their particular installation. If off post, they should be forbidden to carry, unless they are working. Soldiers (out of uniform), on post should be able to carry concealed, and off post anyway they choose

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Screw who's responsible or how they carry. Lets just get our soldiers armed. We tried GFZs since 1992, Now its time to arm our soldiers.

HD1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    No I'm fine with 18 and older on post, or hell 21 if need be like anywhere else... I can compromise.

it really is that simple. our Own GOV expects us to go fight wars and die for our own Country, but we're supposed to just be sitting ducks while stateside on Post.... **** that.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. You do know that such would allow for the possibility of arming 17 year olds right? There are TONS of social and legal issues to consider.

Valid point. I think it would make sense to let or even require all NCO's and officers to be armed

Top Bottom