• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    People say this all the time. For two years I carried small-of-back and fell twice during... Once from a ladder and once slipping on ice in my driveway. I never hurt anything other than my butt and my pride.
    Pretty sure I broke my butt because there's a crack in it now, and it's bigger than it used to be. :):
    :postpics:

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    Milt Sparks VM2 for me.......once you get a Milt you'll never get anything else.....but I'm a leather snob according to some of those who know me...

NAM67-68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Thank you

Thank you BUNNYKID68. I can't reply to private messages yet, I don't have enough posts. I will work on that.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Amish made leather holster, a crossbreed super tuck clone, when I CC carried at 3 o'clock carried low in the pants. I carry there for comfort and accessibility.

If anyone sees the Amish leather guy at the 1500 give his wares a chance they are great. I own one and my gf owns one as well. Very comfortable and well made.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    People say this all the time. For two years I carried small-of-back and fell twice during... Once from a ladder and once slipping on ice in my driveway. I never hurt anything other than my butt and my pride.
    Pretty sure I broke my butt because there's a crack in it now, and it's bigger than it used to be. :):

Beating the odds, even twice, does not make a bad practice into a good practice.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    WHEN I CC it's with this Tagua OWB.

xd9scintagua.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Beating the odds, even twice, does not make a bad practice into a good practice.

No, what I'm saying is that everyone says if/when you fall, you'll definitely eff up your spine, or kidney, or spleen, whatever... I'M saying, it's the same as any other fall where maybe you'll land wrong (or on a rock) and maybe you won't.
    JUST because you carry that way, does NOT make it a foregone conclusion and a sealed fate.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    No, what I'm saying is that everyone says if/when you fall, you'll definitely eff up your spine, or kidney, or spleen, whatever... I'M saying, it's the same as any other fall where maybe you'll land wrong (or on a rock) and maybe you won't.
    JUST because you carry that way, does NOT make it a foregone conclusion and a sealed fate.

Yep, and if you fall on a knife you will get stabbed unless the knife is laying flat on the ground:D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    absolutely right, it does not make it a forgone conclusion, but it raises the risk.
    Now having said that I have carried that way and it is a comfortable carry. I have never fallen though while carrying that way

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    absolutely right, it does not make it a forgone conclusion, but it raises the risk.
    Now having said that I have carried that way and it is a comfortable carry. I have never fallen though while carrying that way

So what have we learned here?... I am meaner AND clumsier. :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    :laugh:
    didn't say I never fell, just not while carrying a gun
    my children is another thing

Do not fret! When I was a small child, my mother dropped me too...and it didn't affect me at all when my mother dropped me when I was a small child and it didn't affect me at all!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have a belt loop holster with an adjustable velcro thumb break. It will carry an assortment of different size of weapons. I like my Glock 26 the best. I wear it in the 4 o'clock position. No one can tell if I am carrying. Super comfortable.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    IWB Don Hume leather @ 3:00. I don't try and cover most times. This is the most comfortable way for me to carry, and the most secure.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    iwb or owb depending on what I'm wearing. I use the same holster for both........DM Bullard Dual Carry (excellent holster) I carry almost directly at 9 o'clock. I don't like to work that hard to keep it covered, and I'm not over concerned if it gets noticed, but the 9 o'clock position lets my arm hide the printing a little better.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Hellcat .380 (I know :rolleyes:) in a DeSantis Nemesis holster in my front pocket. No one ever knows I have it, and works well. Easier to deal with than my wife's SR9c.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Don't know if this has been brought up before in quite this way. For those of you who do carry concealed, how do you carry and why do you carry in that particular fashion (not why do you carry concealed)?

I use a IWB Crossbreed Supertuck with horse hide and carry at about 3:30.
    I carry strong side and in that position gives me the most freedom of movement. I can sit, bend and move any position needed without difficulty.

Top Bottom