• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Convenience store gun? Sig P228 IWB in leather at the belt loop behind my right hip. 4 o'clock? Summertime CC I pull a baggy t'shirt over it. My P220 rides OWB in a leather pancake, same location if I'm in a .45 caliber mood.. Usually OC unless it's cooler and I'm wearing a jacket or chamois shirt over it.
    XD9 rides in a pancake in my Maxpedition bag's near pocket for covert trips and as the BUG.

Gonna need a new holster since I'm getting my CZ75's customized. Haven't sold 'em yet so I'm getting the hammers custom cut and replacing springs and sights. May do Bar-sto BBls after a while.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Always IWB, usually about 3-4 o'clock. Used to carry at 6 o'clock, but that wasn't as easily accessible and really ruined the point in carrying.

I have a tuckable that is very comfortable for when I'm going to be carrying all day. On work days (I can't carry in the building) or other days I may need to lock the gun in the car I have a cheap Uncle Mike's sleeve holster. It is plenty easy to draw from, but difficult to re-holster.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    When you say "appendix carry" (well actually you just said "appendix") are you talking about "forward of the hip" or more like "closer to the belt buckle"?

I'm not Denny, but carry appendix. For me, it varies. If I carry a full-size 1911, it sits best, for me, very close to center. And it makes me feel sexy. If I happen to carry something shorter it feels better a little further out toward the hip, for me. I think it depends on the person, the gun, the holster, even the rise of the pants you're wearing that day, or at least for me.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I believe appendix carry is just in front of the hip. I wear scrubs to work, so my J frame sits in a Uncle Mike sleave, that when I need to go somewhere after work, won't pull scrub pants down. Weekends, holidays, days off, ect, my G19 in an OWB leather Galco. Both ways of carry are 4 oclock because that is where it is most comfortable and if needed to, be drawn even when sitting in my car.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Mostly, Inside Waistband (IWB) strong side 1911 (usually 3", occasionally 4").
    When OWB, same position of carry with 5".

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I slip my keltec and hoslter into my front pant pocket. I can have my hand in there coonfingering it as much as I want and no one would ever suspect that I was anything other than a pervert.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I asked the question because I saw a guy riding a "kamikaze rocket" yesterday in gym shorts and a t-shirt and he appeared to be carrying a firearm in a behind-the-back holster.

Behind the back is great until you fall backwards on it and crush your spinal column.

dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Carry

Preference is IWB leather holster with a Glock G36. I generally have it 3 o clock. I do inside because im a smaller guy and anything OWB seems to be noticeable unless it is during the winter when I dont mind carrying the paddle holster.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Behind the back is great until you fall backwards on it and crush your spinal column.

People say this all the time. For two years I carried small-of-back and fell twice during... Once from a ladder and once slipping on ice in my driveway. I never hurt anything other than my butt and my pride.
    Pretty sure I broke my butt because there's a crack in it now, and it's bigger than it used to be. :):

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    People say this all the time. For two years I carried small-of-back and fell twice during... Once from a ladder and once slipping on ice in my driveway. I never hurt anything other than my butt and my pride.
    Pretty sure I broke my butt because there's a crack in it now, and it's bigger than it used to be. :):

I just want to see if someone will take a swing at that SLOW pitch.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I didnt know you before so I cannot say if it is any larger than it was before, but damn that is one hell of a crack:D

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    When I CC, I have either my S&W M&P 40, or my Taurus .357 snubbie.

I tried IWB before, but it just isn't comfortable for me. That's why I switched to OC. But when I do CC, I have a Galco OWB leather holster for the M&P. I carry it about 2:30-3:00 because that's where it is most comfortable. I tried to CC in a Serpa holster, but it just sits too far away from my body. When I CC, I want it nice and tight to my body, and the Galco does that. I just untuck my shirt and drape it over the gun.

My Taurus .357 snubbie is mainly for times when I have to CC, and don't want to print. I have a Blackhawk pocket holster for it, and it does fairly well. It's just a little on the bulky side for pocket carry. I also have a Galco Belly Band that I use when I go running. I really like that one because I can position the gun just about anywhere I want, and it is tight against my body. The Taurus in the Belly Band is nearly invisible. Also works well when I am in dress clothes with a tucked in shirt. I just position it for cross draw around 11:00 (appendix), and I can reach in my buttoned shirt to grab it.

NAM67-68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    HOW I CARRY AND WHY

I carry openly on my hip. I wear a light jacket when it is cool enough, but the rest of the time it is in plain sight. I wore a 1911A1 in Nam on my hip and I guess that I just never got over it. I can see that it may cause me to get shot or shot at by the bad guys since they can see it. If they are not so serious, they may leave me alone?:D

Top Bottom