• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I'm wondering where you guys are at on this. I get up in the morning, get dressed, and stick my Glock on my belt as if I were putting my wallet in my pocket. If I go in and out of the house a time or two its there, don't have to think about it. I know its safer than evertime I come in I take it off and put it in the safe. I know a buddy of mine considers his as an article of clothing, its always there.

What do you guys do or have the habit off doing with your carry gun at home?

I should add that we don't have any kids to worry about either...I'm sure that makes a difference.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Busted

I always carry concealed but I've been busted at home several times. Usually not much of a hassle since the wife is usually carrying, too, and she would never violate my rights.

The real answer...........No, I don't carry around the house but there is always easy access to one gun or another.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    About the kids, if you have just one handgun and you carry it around the house then you are sure that your kids dont have their hands on it.
    Even if you have a safe your kids can still get to your gun.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Near at hand.

One in easy reach in each room of the house. One by the door goes with if I step out. I therefore do not feel the need to carry in the house.

PS: Now that I think about it the new G22 does seem to follow me around a lot! :D

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sleeping or in the shower is the only time it's not on me. I get up, shower and it gets treated like the wallet and everything else. Even if I'm mowing the grass, I carry. At night, I keep one handy. Too may headlines nowadays about idiots breaking into homes during the day/evening hours. Stay safe!

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I have mine on 99% of the time I am awake. Unless I am sleeping or in the shower it is on my hip and even then it is always within reach. I am self employed so I even carry while working. I don't bother concealing at home but usually do when I am out and about.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    On me right now. The only times I don't have a gun on me are 1) when I'm sleeping, 2) when I'm in the shower, and 3) where it's illegal. I carry ALL other times.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I don't conceal it but I do carry it.
    +1
    unless i'm sleeping or at work, i am carrying:D
    +1
    Sleeping or in the shower is the only time it's not on me. I get up, shower and it gets treated like the wallet and everything else. Even if I'm mowing the grass, I carry. At night, I keep one handy. Too may headlines nowadays about idiots breaking into homes during the day/evening hours. Stay safe!
    +1
    I have mine on 99% of the time I am awake. Unless I am sleeping or in the shower it is on my hip and even then it is always within reach. I am self employed so I even carry while working. I don't bother concealing at home but usually do when I am out and about.
    +1 other than normally CC when out.
    Sleeping its in a holster mounted where I can reach it from my normal sleeping position without anyone in the room seeing me reach for it.
    Showering it's close as well. The others locked up in my safe. the rest of the time its on my side!

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    i carry most the time even if i dont plan on leaving the house, with today's society its hard to say what could happen so better to be safe than sorry. train train train is all i can say. I know im not the only one who has been through scenarios and all the what ifs. so make sure you know how you would approach a target in each room of your house, and kill his a$$... if he is on the porch drag him in...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i carry most the time even if i dont plan on leaving the house, with today's society its hard to say what could happen so better to be safe than sorry. train train train is all i can say. I know im not the only one who has been through scenarios and all the what ifs. so make sure you know how you would approach a target in each room of your house, and kill his a$$... if he is on the porch drag him in...

troy, with all due respect, I think this is bad info to be passing along to others. IANAL, but I am thinking this info posted publicly wouldn't be helpful in court, if you ever had to be there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Most of my day is spent in my chair living room chair. I have a pistol and a revolver within reach on either side of me. If I go outside my house, it's on my side, sometimes CC and sometimes OC depending on what I am accomplishing.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Definitely. I bought an M&P 340 a while back just so I could have something on me while in the house. Shorts, jogging pants, whatever, I have it in my pocket with no hassles. Well, that was the original intent anyway. Somehow or another it has found itself on me all the time now, in or out of the house:)

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    Unless I've left the house, my Ruger is waiting patiently in it's room(the safe). Now if I've left, it gets to tag along (IWB) and I don't usually bother putting it back until bedtime.

Top Bottom