• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'll assume your talking about a full-size M&P since you didn't say "compact."

First change would be to go with an IWB holster. The gun needs to be held closer to your body.

You may need pants 1" larger in the waist to do this relatively comfortably if your pants are on the snug side, or "fit" without a handgun stuffed in them to begin with.

"Under your shirt" - t-shirt? tailored/loose shirt? Hawaiian shirt?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I'm actually able to conceal a glock 17 with a glock sport combat holster. As others have said, its all about the holster and clothes.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 40. I currently have a black hawk size 21. I wear fairly large shirts and you can see it underneath or can tell something is there. The holster in worn on a belt on my hip. I tried a different one at the local gun shop , but it still looks bulky under my shirt. The store owner wears his outside with shirt tucked in. I am not comfortable wearing exposed and fear i might get hassled for not having gun concealed.

No you definitely don't want to go out showing off your gun on your hip. That doesn't work well unless you have a badge and a uniform.

I agree with what is being said here regarding holsters. A good holster with a good belt will do wonders for concealment. I think IWB is best personally.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Pocket Carry

Don’t forget about pocket carry, where manageable. The DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster is fantastic-- for fast extraction. The Kahr line (PK, MK,) Smith Lightweight Revolvers, and Subcompact Glocks all work well. And slide out like butter, when practiced. The Walther PPS is another one. Definitely a thought.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    For a while I CC'd a Xd service model. In a cheap $15 Desantis pancake holster. It did not print a bit. Wore it at 3-3.5 O'Clock position. Then I decided, it was to f'n hot, to be stuffing a holster and gun down my shorts.
    Be a man and OC, it's more comfortable and easier to access :D.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I am not comfortable wearing exposed and fear i might get hassled for not having gun concealed.

No you definitely don't want to go out showing off your gun on your hip. That doesn't work well unless you have a badge and a uniform.

Just a little reading material for you both.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elf_defense/34140-where_did_you_oc_today.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ohplznott128651771126901157.jpg

:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just... can't... resist... :hooked:

:orly:

Statistically speaking, many do want to, and it actually works extremely well. ;)

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I've been carring a Beretta px4 storm sub-compact in 9mm. 13+1, safety decocker, polymer frame. Love it. Heard good things bout the new ruger sub too.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I believe the OP has already made up his mind on the OC vs CC thing, so it is others who are starting to make it an issue.

To the OP, just what has been said to you already, find a good holster/belt combo and you can carry just about anything.

I also highly recommend the MTAC from Comp-Tac as a very good IWB holster, but also like was already said, to be comfortable you need to have pants that are looser rather than tighter. For me it means buying pants 1 size bigger than I normally would (the bad thing about that is I have a tendency to, overtime, make those pants to small :D). I prefer though to CC OWB with either a Tucker Gunleather HF1 or a Silent Thunder STX for my Kimber or use a Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 26.

Good luck finding what works for you.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    You don't need a new gun. You need a new holster. Look at crossbreed or kholster. Get a good belt and you'll be gtg

PS I can conceal a full size usp .40 with no problems. Yours isn't near as bulky

+1 on crossbreed but i still carry a 9mm xd 3in. compact in mine due to size

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    you just need to put some thought and maybe a little money iinto it. i carry a .40 (glock 23) which may or may not be smaller than what you have. But i carry in a Mintotaur MTAC IWB holster very comfortably and completely undetectable unless i bend over or someone bumps into it, nbut theres still ways around those issues.

you can carry pretty much carry anything concealed. i think this video is the best example of that............ YouTube - Kids witht Guns at School if he can conceal 12 guns let alone a shotgun you can certainly coneal a single handgun. even if its a full size. look into Mintotaur holsters. or really anythin similar. notice his shirt too. its longer and pretty loose. clothing can also affect your concealment.

so instead of blowin money on a new gun use what you have and put a little time and thought into your current situation. it will always take trial and effort. its pretty hard to just grab a gun and throw it on your person concealed and have it be perfect the very first time.
    and if in the end you figure out that you just cannot do it in a way that is comfortable to you then you can think of a different firearm. but i surely wouldn't jump right to that. especially if you really like and want to use your current firearm.

I love this video......it goes to show that there is no reason you can't comfortably conceal a full framed handgun!!

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I carry a Glock 22 .40cal and I feel it is no small gun. I have a small frame. I wear many loose shirts and I know people cannot tell I am armed and I like it that way. I love my new crossbreed IWB holster as long as you have about 1 inch you can give up in your waist line. Throw on a t-shirt over it and go. It is very user friendly once you get it to fit your body.

Top Bottom