• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Was just wondering if it is practical to carry a 4" revolver for conceal carry? I have had a 2" revolver in the past and that was a nice pistol but stupidly got rid of it. I seen a 4" Smith for a good price and thought about getting it. Also, I kept the holster from the other revolver, it's leather and it's open where the barrel goes thru. Would a holster like this be ok? Just looking for some advice.:dunno:

saw223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    NW Indiana
    No reason why it wouldn't be practical. I carried a 4" 686 for years with no issues, that was later replaced by a 4" 607. An open ended holster should be fine depending on what type it is, IWB/OWB, clothing setup, etc. etc.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I carried a 4" S&W Mod 10 for a lot of years without any trouble concealing it. Good Pancake or hi-rise scabbard type holster is what I used the most.

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a Ruger GP100 (.357 magnum, 4" barrel) that I can carry concealed with an IWB holster. The holster that I use with it is a CABO (Carry A Big One), and with it, the revolver hides so completely that it literally can't be seen, even with just a t-shirt on. Cabo Holsters Home. The problem is the weight. Even using a good gun belt and holster, there are just so many other guns that carry so much easier. But if a large revolver is all you have, then absolutely, get a good belt and holster and have at it. It is absolutely do-able.

Top Bottom