• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    It's on right now! Has anybody ever seen this before. It looks like it was a self defense school where they feature one person(student) for every episode.

So far, i like it. Lots of talk about Ruger, which i like. So far they havn't said anything like "ruger is the best thing ever." But they have already used the word "tactical."

Who else is watching?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I saw this a few weeks ago and have DVR'd them.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at what they were teaching. It wasn't watered down for TV, and I heard discussion on "proper mindset" and other important aspects besides the same ol' stance and grip.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That dark haired girl looks really familiar! Hmmmmm..... Think it's sponsored by Ruger? :rolleyes:
    Don't like the fact that they point weapons and shoot at each other though. Even with blanks accidents/tragedies can happen. JMHO.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I've never seen it before. It's interesting, but i think I'd like to see more than one episode at a time. I'm hoping it doesn't leave me with a tiny bit of info and wanting to see a lot more.

I just filed my CCW, so this is especially relevant for me. (sorry LTCH)

Wow, i didn't know SPIKE had 2 hours of self defence shows on saturday mornings. Of course, i don't remember the last time i was awake early on a saturday. That's exciting, wish i had DVR!

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just checked the listings on Spike. Looks like they're filling out the rest of the day with Sly Stallone movies, starting with "Cobra". :yesway:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    That dark haired girl looks really familiar! Hmmmmm..... Think it's sponsored by Ruger? :rolleyes:
    Don't like the fact that they point weapons and shoot at each other though. Even with blanks accidents/tragedies can happen. JMHO.
    I think it's pretty obvious it's sponsored by Ruger and they say that many times. And she openly admits that she works for Ruger.

Apparently this was the second to last episode of the season. They just said "Next time" was the wrap up, Where-are-they-now episode.

Without pointing guns that can work/go bang, how do you get that intense situational demo stuff? I think that would be very stressful and could teach a lot.

But i'm new to this defensive shooting stuff, so I don't know much yet.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think it's pretty obvious it's sponsored by Ruger and they say that many times. And she openly admits that she works for Ruger.
    Without pointing guns that can work/go bang, how do you get that intense situational demo stuff? I think that would be very stressful and could teach a lot.

That's why I used the pink text. I was going by all the Ruger guns and hats. Plus I posted that comment before she said she worked for Ruger. I don't think I'd do well with having guns pointed at me, even if I loaded the blanks myself. Just not a thing I'd want to do. Again, JMHO...

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have watched it a couple of times. There are also some others on before it.
    That are firearms and training related. They are all interesting to watch.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    It is a great show, from about 9-11 on Spike there are only shows on concealed carry and tactical shooting. I watch it every Saturday and there is some great info on there. I would definitely recommend watching it sometime.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Been DVR'ing it for the last couple weeks. It's a pretty good block of shows - they had some of the officers invovled with the North Hollywood shootout in 1997 on there on a previous episode. The conceal and carry school is pretty neat - they show each of the students going through "graduation" scenario each week. The best part is that they actually broadcast the feedback from the instructor which is the most important part for the student and the people watching the show to hear. Good Stuff.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Never? What about in a training environment? With blue guns?

The addition of FOF training cannot be under estimated.

While I personally favor airsoft for FOF, I wouldn't be against using real firearms.

esrice, what see displayed in comments like that are a traditional "square range" mentality. It's also the majority opinion of those who carry on a daily basis. "I gots me a See-See-dubya and I gots the 4 hour NeeRAye class, I's a bad mofo!"

Sucks, but thats life and they live their lives by one liners ;)

I watched the link to the first program... I must say I'm a bit nauseous seeing so many rugers. Aside from that, I'm not seeing any sort of real caliber of training of either. It's edited for TV so obviously those 40 minutes are a compression of probably 40 hours worth of footage.

I think the class would have been better suited using instructors from frontsight, suarez or tactical response. Again, with all the ruger crap, you know it's going to be a weak as possible from old Bill "locap" ruger.

I was also pleased they took the time to show the difference between shall/may and no permit needed states at the same time I was disappointed they didn't mention that Open Carry is legal in 43 states.

Personally it looks like an hour long infomercial for ruger and that 'school'.

Better than nothing I suppose. :dunno:

Oh a big +1 to them for showing the DC murder graph vs the US graph for the same time period.

Top Bottom