• blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    For LE/Govt customers in New York:

Your orders have been cancelled

Hahahahahahahaha, now if we can just get those words behind some of our politicians terms. Mrs Pelosi your term has been cancelled.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    RRA suspends shipments to NYS

Apparently RRA has suspended shipments to NYS, not explicitly a ban on LE sales.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    add Spikes Tactical:

Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and ...limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Apparently RRA has suspended shipments to NYS, not explicitly a ban on LE sales.

It'd be great if they'd jump 100% on the Spikes/Larue/Oly bandwagon.

It'd be even better for Smith & Wesson and/or Colt to sign on...along with Glock, H&K, SigSauer, Knight, Daniel Defense, Noveske, BravoCompany, Palmetto State, Magpul, D&H, etc etc...

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Start sending them messages and contacting them on Facebook! It is easy. The likes will help them, and also send a message! Focus on the big dogs first Glock, S&W, Sig, Springfield.... (just a few) and then move to the others. If the big dogs do it everyone else will. Could you imagine if Glock did this?? It would make them pay attention...at least!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    BTW, I noticed Spikes has joined. I also know the ProMag (yeah, love them or hate them) has joined too.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Glock, H&K, and Sig are not US based companies. I doubt if they give a rats @$$. Especially if all these other guys quit their govt contracts, there will be more to go around for them.

What I would like to see are the ammo companies making waves.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    As far as cheaper than dirt... I'm fine with high prices. No price can be wrong if a buyer and seller agree on it. I dumped them from my "buy" list when they cancelled orders just to get the higher prices. That's BS. They won't get another dime without a very public apology and making things right with those customers.

I haven't heard of another place who did that.

I think it's cool these companies are doing this. Not sure it'll help, but good on them for trying something.

I dumped them also... started to order led flashlight my grandson wanted out of the CTD catalog for $45 + ship. Found out the shipping was $16 so I canceled. Found the same light on eBay for $38 and FREE shipping. No way they can justify shipping charges.... as far as these companies refusing to sell to states... good for'em. Hope more do so!!

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    If S&W and Glock would get on board this 'gun ban' thing would end in days. Law enforcement can't function without them.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I do hope this trend catches on. I'm personally looking for crap I can buy from Larue and Oly and any other vendors who jump on this bandwagon. Of course, Cheapr Than Dirt has a ton of backpedaling to do before I'll even visit their website again.

I keep reading about cheaper than dirt on this site and it doesnt seem popular. What did they do to earn such a rep? Mind you im not supporting them im genuinely curious.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I keep reading about cheaper than dirt on this site and it doesnt seem popular. What did they do to earn such a rep? Mind you im not supporting them im genuinely curious.
    CTD jacked their prices up to obscene levels after the Sandy Hook shootings.
    Check out their AR-15 mag prices.
    Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    They also want nearly $1.50 per round for PMC 5.56 ammo that I bought for $.37 per round a couple of months before the shooting.
    :noway:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think for the bigger companies, there's a bigger risk of the unknown in doing this.

If you're S&W and stop doing business with the state of NY, do you really want to take the chance of being permanently blacklisted by a whole state, several states or even possibly the federal gov't?

That's a pretty big risk when the state of NY is just a sliver of their total gun sales.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom