• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I want to buy a new very concealable 40 or 45 I had a Kahr PM45 that I sold and now kicking myself. What is your thoughts on a good replacement? I was looking at a Walther PPS 40 but not sure. I would like a gun with the rail so the compact glock is out.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I want to buy a new very concealable 40 or 45 I had a Kahr PM45 that I sold and now kicking myself. What is your thoughts on a good replacement? I was looking at a Walther PPS 40 but not sure. I would like a gun with the rail so the compact glock is out.

The compact Glock models do have rails, but the subcompacts do not. I dont know how small you were wanting, but you can get a G23 or G30 with a rail. Subcompact G27 will not have a rail tough.
    I would go with what you are more comfortable shooting. If you regret getting rid of the pm45 so much why not get another? Good luck with your decision.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I really like the Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact in .40.
    px4tilted-large.jpg

It has all the features you're looking for and the prices are between $450 and $500. Mine is a ball to shoot and after 300 rounds, I haven't had any feed or function problems. It drops in a jacket pocket or pants pocket and ii isn't much larger than a Smith J-frame.

Here's a link to a review and a couple videos: Finally! High Capacity Pocket Pistols! Px4 Subcompact & XD-9 Subcompact - Handguns and Gear - GunsAmerica Magazine And Forums

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the info, I need to do some shopping. I had a XD sub-compact 40
    And really liked it, I have also had a Glock, the handle was a little big for my comfort. I will check out the recommendations. Thanks again

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Daily carrier of a M&P40c and love it. It's been accurate at the distances that I would expect it to be, conceals nicely. For a .40, the M&P compact is surprizingly managable in terms of how snappy it feels, even more managable than a couple full size .40's I've shot.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I did some shopping today and did some reading on here, may look real hard at the sig p250 in the two gun set. The .40 and .45 should be out soon. Looks like a good deal to me, I was told you can put the trigger in 19 different frames. I looked at the px4 and the walther PPS, both nice guns.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I like the M&P40c and the Glock 23. Maybe the EMP 40. You're going to be hard pressed to find one as small as your PM45. I had a Kahr P40 that I sold to another INGOer that I really liked.

Top Bottom