• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I have two 3" 45s. A llama mini-max, and a Kimber ultra CDPII.

I love the kimber, won it at the Shelbyville Gunpalooza. (F.O.N.R.A.)

The llama I've had for years. It's a plinker, wouldn't carry it.

Lube the Kimber per Instructions and it's superb!!!

Over 500 Rds. with NO problems. If I'm not carrying my Glock 22,

I've got the Kimber.

Mike

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Over 500 rds. out of the wife's Kimber Ultra CDP II - No misfeeds. No issues even with hollow point ammo. :twocents:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    That used to be the case, but not any more. The use of duel captive springs and increasing the tilt angle of the barrel has fixed the questionable reliability of officer size 1911's.

Can you elaborate? I have a OACP that I have some trouble feeding JHP's with a Kimber Mag but I have since found it is a follower issue.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Mine will probably see quite a bit of lead bullets. From what I understand lead is fine on Kimbers. Does that sound right?

The only gun I have ever heard having an issue with lead is Glock due to the rifling profile.

You should be good to go. :yesway:

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    This is my daily carry. I have had zero problems. It eats everything I've given it and is extremely accurate, more so than I am.
    EMP.jpg

Mine also. About 5000 rounds through and any make or load has fed 100%. I still can't believe I carried a .40 glock for 13 years:dunno: If you can afford this, it is et the best carry gun I have found and I have a safe full of EDC's that led the path to the EMP40.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have a Springfield Champion model 4" barrel. Have had it about 6 years no problems..!!! It is a great pistol.. Cant go wrong with a Springfield, in my opinion..

ozzie9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Goshen
    I have a springfield micro compact thative had for years. Ive had no problems with it after a break in period. It is easy to carry and relieable.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I have carried a Colt Officers for 30 plus years and have obviously been very satisfied. I did just buy a Colt Defender at the Indy 1500 last weekend. Have wanted one for a year and saw a great deal for a new one that I could not pass up.

On another note, I did take a friend who was looking for his first personal protection pistol and future CC. He was not as experienced and probably would not train as often as I do. I tried to talk him into a 2 inch snubby revolver but he wanted a pistol. I steered him towards the Sig P250 compact in .40 cal which he did buy and loves.

Always there for a friend.

glockman49

1911 NUT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Floyd County Indiana
    I have a Kimber CDP Ultra that works 100% of the time with no problems with recoil. I didn't think I would like it but shot a buddy's and after that I had to own one myself. It goes everywhere with me.

Top Bottom